Your question
Closed

DVD Burner vs Blu-ray drive for gaming?

Last response: in Storage

Best solution

a b 4 Gaming
a c 119 G Storage
February 9, 2012 10:30:47 PM

A regular dvd drive is all you need because unless you have some older games you don't need a dvd drive to play the game just load it and most games are now in the cloud anyway.
As an example I have BF3 and MW3 and I don't use the dvd everything is in the Steam cloud and the Origin cloud , all of you stats and player files , everything and once it's registered you can actually throw the dvd away because if you need to reinstall it you can download it from the cloud.
The only thing you would need a blue ray player for is if you wanted to play a blue ray movie on your Pc or if your Pc was connected to your tv you could play a blue ray movie from your Pc.
February 9, 2012 10:32:05 PM

Best answer selected by Storm Slider.
Score
Related resources
February 9, 2012 10:32:30 PM

inzone said:
A regular dvd drive is all you need because unless you have some older games you don't need a dvd drive to play the game just load it and most games are now in the cloud anyway.
As an example I have BF3 and MW3 and I don't use the dvd everything is in the Steam cloud and the Origin cloud , all of you stats and player files , everything and once it's registered you can actually throw the dvd away because if you need to reinstall it you can download it from the cloud.
The only thing you would need a blue ray player for is if you wanted to play a blue ray movie on your Pc or if your Pc was connected to your tv you could play a blue ray movie from your Pc.

Thank you. That was all I needed to hear.
Score
a b 4 Gaming
a b G Storage
February 9, 2012 10:40:30 PM

This topic has been closed by Nikorr
Score
!