Solved

3570K + Noctua NH-D14

I have 3570K cooled by the Noctua NH-D14. I haven't overclocked yet, and before I do, I wanted to make sure my temps are okay.

Idle temps: 33c-38c.
100% load(using Prime 95): 55c-60c.

Is this normal for this CPU and heatsink?
8 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about 3570k noctua
  1. Seems a touch high, at least on idle, I have a noctua down draft cooler and it idles at about 30-32, on load I am much higher than yours though. You could check to make sure it is fastened properly or try changing your thermal paste, but really, your load temps seem reasonable.
  2. Oh, you're right. It is 30c-32c on idle. Weird. I guess when I checked and got 38c, something was running.
  3. No. My evo 212 is cheaper and weaker and it's already at your number (my idle is 26-29). May be your room is hotter than mine.
  4. squirrelonfire said:
    No. My evo 212 is cheaper and weaker and it's already at your number (my idle is 26-29). May be your room is hotter than mine.

And what temps are you getting with 100% load?
  5. He says 55-60. What is your fan set-up on the dh-14? Do you have 1 fan or is it set up push pull or I think that also supports a 3 fan configuration.

And on Ivy if your temp at load is 55-60 then you have at least 15-20 degrees of room (I would say, Ivy runs a hotter than other models, at least that seems to be the consensus).
  6. chugot9218 said:
    He says 55-60. What is your fan set-up on the dh-14? Do you have 1 fan or is it set up push pull or I think that also supports a 3 fan configuration.

And on Ivy if your temp at load is 55-60 then you have at least 15-20 degrees of room (I would say, Ivy runs a hotter than other models, at least that seems to be the consensus).

He only mentioned his idle temps are 26c-29c. Nothing about his 100% load temps.

I use 2 fans for my D14.
  7. Best answer
    Oops, sorry, I got his post and your post confused, didn't realize you were the OP, thought you were responding to me lol. I think your temps are pretty good, considering, you may want to try re-applying thermal paste. The dh-14 and the hyper 212 are pretty similarly styled coolers so I wouldn't expect the 212 to best it that much at idle, regardless of price.
  8. Best answer selected by YairGOW.
Ask a new question

Read More

Heatsinks CPUs Overclocking