Kingston SV200S3N/256G any good?

Solution
The sandforce issue has been known for some time but all manufacturers have claims that their new firmware fixes those (I personally do not know). I personally would gamble on that for the price as long as warranty can be used, if no warranty I would buy something else.

re-play-

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2007

oh wow thanks man, seems to be a really good SSD, but i just find out that they have issue with the firmware :S what about that?

The sandforce issue has been known for some time but all manufacturers have claims that their new firmware fixes those (I personally do not know). I personally would gamble on that for the price as long as warranty can be used, if no warranty I would buy something else.

Solution

wpcoe

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2010

Be very leery about that drive. See this "Kingston SSDNOW V200 Is Having Serious Performance Problems" thread for some eye-opening reports. Someone posted in the first week of February that Kingston told them that the next *BETA* firmware to address the issues was expected in "~6 weeks." (!)

The latest posts in that thread indicate that Kingston is accepting RMA returns and replacing them with SSDNow V+200 drives. If you get a warranty with your drive, that might be the way to go?

TRENDING THREADS