F@H runtime error?

I keep getting this C++ error whenever i open the viewer for F@H. The error lists this:

Runtime Error!

Program: C:\Program Files\Folding@home\Folding@home-gpu\viewer.exe

R6002
- floating point support not loaded

I've tried search on google and all I've gotten was a bunch of stuff about possible bad registry entries, but its a fresh reinstall. I've actually reinstalled XP multiple times and the problem is still there. I've reinstalled video drivers also all my drivers are up-to-date. I've also tried to reinstall C++ but the problem is still there. I know my PC can handle the F@H because this isn't the first time I've used F@H but its the first time I've gotten this error. Any help would be greatly appreciated so I can keep folding for Toms Hardware! :D :bounce: :D
9 answers Last reply
More about runtime error
  1. Full system specs please. Also which client are you running? CPU or GPU?
  2. yeah, we need the basic spec before giving any information either way we would never determine the reason of the problem...=]
  3. I'm running the GPU client and my specs are as follows:

GPU: HD3850 AGP at 8x
    CPU: Intel Pentium 4 3GHz @ 3.4GHz
    Memory: 1.5Gb
    Mobo: ASUS P4S800

I think thats all I really need
  4. did you try a system restore? I'm just asking not suggesting to do it, or it might also help.
  5. jeyd02 said:
    did you try a system restore? I'm just asking not suggesting to do it, or it might also help.

that wont work, he's done a full reinstall ;)
  6. So does anyone have any ideas why I'm getting this c++ error?
  7. hmmm.... well, here what i can find.....

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/37507

Although i dont think this is much help.... I dont think i seen this error before so i dont know how to fix it. Maybe someone with better understanding of programing that I do know how to fix it.
  8. Well just an update somehow it miraculously fixed itself on its own. I started getting that same error in a bunch of programs then all of the sudden they were all gone and working just fine :D. Anyways thanks for trying to help warmon6 i appreciate it.
  9. firedrake125 said:
    Well just an update somehow it miraculously fixed itself on its own. I started getting that same error in a bunch of programs then all of the sudden they were all gone and working just fine :D. Anyways thanks for trying to help warmon6 i appreciate it.

i know right. it has to do with mysterious facts of our system...=]
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Runtime