Sign in with
Your question

F@H runtime error?

Last response: in CPUs
April 14, 2010 11:35:40 PM

I keep getting this C++ error whenever i open the viewer for F@H. The error lists this:

Runtime Error!

Program: C:\Program Files\Folding@home\Folding@home-gpu\viewer.exe

R6002
- floating point support not loaded

I've tried search on google and all I've gotten was a bunch of stuff about possible bad registry entries, but its a fresh reinstall. I've actually reinstalled XP multiple times and the problem is still there. I've reinstalled video drivers also all my drivers are up-to-date. I've also tried to reinstall C++ but the problem is still there. I know my PC can handle the F@H because this isn't the first time I've used F@H but its the first time I've gotten this error. Any help would be greatly appreciated so I can keep folding for Toms Hardware! :D  :bounce:  :D 

More about : runtime error

a c 201 à CPUs
April 14, 2010 11:37:59 PM

Full system specs please. Also which client are you running? CPU or GPU?
m
l
April 14, 2010 11:40:19 PM

yeah, we need the basic spec before giving any information either way we would never determine the reason of the problem...=]
m
l
Related resources
April 14, 2010 11:40:26 PM

I'm running the GPU client and my specs are as follows:

GPU: HD3850 AGP at 8x
CPU: Intel Pentium 4 3GHz @ 3.4GHz
Memory: 1.5Gb
Mobo: ASUS P4S800

I think thats all I really need
m
l
April 15, 2010 12:04:24 AM

did you try a system restore? I'm just asking not suggesting to do it, or it might also help.
m
l
a b à CPUs
April 15, 2010 12:09:34 AM

jeyd02 said:
did you try a system restore? I'm just asking not suggesting to do it, or it might also help.

that wont work, he's done a full reinstall ;) 
m
l
April 15, 2010 10:09:24 PM

So does anyone have any ideas why I'm getting this c++ error?
m
l
a b à CPUs
April 15, 2010 11:26:17 PM

hmmm.... well, here what i can find.....

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/37507

Although i dont think this is much help.... I dont think i seen this error before so i dont know how to fix it. Maybe someone with better understanding of programing that I do know how to fix it.

m
l
April 17, 2010 4:38:54 PM

Well just an update somehow it miraculously fixed itself on its own. I started getting that same error in a bunch of programs then all of the sudden they were all gone and working just fine :D . Anyways thanks for trying to help warmon6 i appreciate it.
m
l
April 19, 2010 4:00:17 PM

firedrake125 said:
Well just an update somehow it miraculously fixed itself on its own. I started getting that same error in a bunch of programs then all of the sudden they were all gone and working just fine :D . Anyways thanks for trying to help warmon6 i appreciate it.

i know right. it has to do with mysterious facts of our system...=]
m
l
!