Apropo

Honorable
Sep 21, 2012
Recently I've been testing out my GPU in different games such as BF3, Guild Wars 2, and Hawken. When I use Gigabytes OC_Guru to overclock the card all three of those games fault in some way. BF3 crashes, Guild Wars 2 wont me even log into the game with it running, and Hawken turns into a lagging mess. In Hawken the mouse is sluggish and very unresponsive.

Any idea why this is happening and what I can do to fix it?

I'm running Windows 8 Release Preview 64bit if that helps

my system:
i5-3570k
Gigabyte GTX 670
Gigabyte Z77-UP4-TH
8GB 1600 Ram

Apropo

Honorable
Sep 21, 2012

that doesn't make sense at all because if I just turn the program on and leave it at stock clocks it causes the same problems, on two builds. I have identical builds I built at the same time.

The PSU is Corsair HX750.

Also I can run unigine heaven all day long at the overclock settings as well as 3Dmark 11 no crashes no problems.

Apropo

Honorable
Sep 21, 2012
I just went out on a limb and downloaded other software, precision X. I tested it with the same clocks and same games and it runs perfectly. So it wasn't the stability of the overclocks at all.

D

Deleted member 217926

Huh. Well glad you figured it out at least. I have used EVGA Precision for years. MSI Afterburner is excellent as well. Guess the Gigabyte program did not live up to their quality.