Sign in with
Your question

Will a 256MB ATI Radeon X1300PRO support a ATI Radeon HD5770

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
January 31, 2010 12:57:37 AM

Hi. I'm looking to buy a new desktop for gaming and the video card that it has is 2x ATI Radeon HD5770. I'm assuming that means my monitor must be HD but I'd really like to not buy a new monitor so I'm trying to figure out if my current monitor will work with it.

I'm not very computer smart and I don't understand all the 720p, 1080p stuff. I do know that my monitor has the resolution 1280 by 720 and the highest is 1280 by 1024 if that helps at all. Thanks in advance.
a b U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
January 31, 2010 1:03:44 AM

Any monitor will work with the 5770 provided it has the correct input ports. The HD is just part of the cards name and dose not mean that you have to run an HD monitor.

Edit: so your new computer will have two 5770s? if so then that will be major overkill for your current monitor. just one 5770 will still give you alot of graphical power that will be untapped.
m
l
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
January 31, 2010 1:39:45 AM

Yeah, I kind of figured that my new comp will be overkill for pretty much anything I need this day and age but getting it now means I won't have to upgrade for a very long time so I'm happy with that.

But I was reading reviews on the new computer and 1 person said that you have to have an HD monitor, so that's what my post was for.

The new computer is the Chimera DX7 SLC Desktop PC if you want to check it out. Just google it and you should find it pretty quick. If you or anyone could confirm that I need or don't need an HD monitor I would really appreciate it. Thanks.
m
l
!