Sign in with
Your question

Problem

Last response: in Windows XP
September 21, 2012 9:24:48 AM

Hello, i recently encountered this problem, suddenly i cant see all the files that were there in my folders on my desktop. the funny thing is that when i search for them i easily find them there with the same path pointing to those folders. i must admit there was a time i left this computer with my little brother who sincerely sucks at technology, ok atleast more than i do so whatever he might have done, if he did it, was very unintentional. i cant sincerely say i am going to search for these files one by one and save them elsewhere cos that would be hectic. help...

More about : problem

September 25, 2012 2:22:52 PM

Guccikom said:
Hello, i recently encountered this problem, suddenly i cant see all the files that were there in my folders on my desktop. the funny thing is that when i search for them i easily find them there with the same path pointing to those folders. i must admit there was a time i left this computer with my little brother who sincerely sucks at technology, ok atleast more than i do so whatever he might have done, if he did it, was very unintentional. i cant sincerely say i am going to search for these files one by one and save them elsewhere cos that would be hectic. help...

The folder/file attributes are probably set to "hidden" on the PC.

To Unhide files Enter this from a command prompt replacing "?" with your drive letter.

attrib -h -r -s /s /d ?:\folder name\*.*

Then Go to explorer to see your files .

Might have picked up an infection.
m
l
!