Nvidia gts 250 and Integrated ATi HD 3200

G

Hi, just a quick question. I've been running two monitors for what seems like forever now, but recently I was given another 17". I was curious about running the third monitor with my motherboards integrated display adapter, but I can't get it to work.

Is it not possible to get the two display adapters to work together? I've tried updating the drivers on both cards, and I made sure that the integrated wasn't disabled in the BIOS (The option wasn't even there)

Thanks for the help guys.

-Kalub

G

Yea, but people have been doing 2+ monitors for years now. By your answer I'm assuming to get the PCI-E card and the integrated to work together isn't going to work...

Right? If so I'll be pretty bummed.

Edit: I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate x64, on a ECS A780GM-M3 motherboard. Here

4745454b

Titan
Bummer, I was hoping you were running Vista. Vista only allows one video driver to load. This means all video cards in your system need to use the single driver. This obviously won't work if your trying to get an GTS250 and an on board 3200 to work together. WinXP and Win7 both allow multiple drivers to load, so it must be something else.

Double check the bios to see if you can find a setting that allows the onboard to remain active with a card in the PCIe slot. I think most (all?) mobos disable onboard when a card is present.

G

Is there a way to see if both drivers are loaded? Also, what do you think this function would be called? There isn't anything pertaining to Display in the BIOS except which to load first, and the options are PCI-E or PCI.

G

When I moved I misplaced the box containing the manual and driver CD. I've tried finding other information online and can't find anything.

G

Pretty rude wouldn't you say? Obviously I've exhausted my knowledge to the extent that I came to an online forum to ask for assistance.

I listed which motherboard I have a few posts back, but I'll reiterate it if I must. I bought the motherboard from Newegg, here is the link: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813135233

I've been talking to some other buddies of mine, and they stated if the motherboard disables the integrated in the presence of an expansion card then I could use one of my PCI slots with a cheap card to power the third monitor as long as the card uses the same driver. Such as this one: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814187042

Would you concur? Or should I keep trying to mess with this situation?

4745454b

Titan
Rude? Perhaps but I expect people to help themselves. You came to the forum to get ideas. If I give one, I'd hope you'd be able to check a website and see if X is the case. I don't have time to spoon feed everyone the answer to their problem.

Following the link on newegg that you gave, here is the link for your mobo from ECS's website.

http://www.ecsusa.com/ECSWebSite/Products/ProductsDetail.aspx?detailid=943&CategoryID=1&DetailName=Specification&MenuID=123&LanID=9

Notice on the right hand side just underneath the picture it says "downloads". You might want to read the section involving the onboard video to see if it can be enabled with a card in the PCIe slot. I know you want me to download your manual, read it, and tell you if this is the case. Sorry, not happening.

I've been talking to some other buddies of mine, and they stated if the motherboard disables the integrated in the presence of an expansion card then I could use one of my PCI slots with a cheap card to power the third monitor as long as the card uses the same driver.

If you don't mind spending the $51, this is an option. Seeing as you have win7 you don't need to use the same driver. You might want to consider a PCIe 1x video card if its cheaper. PCI might be a better way to go so you can use a dual slot card in your PCIe 16x slot. I don't know what video card your using however, unless thats going to show up in an edit as well.