Sign in with
Your question

Solution for motherboard

Last response: in Motherboards
September 14, 2010 4:24:24 AM

I faced this problem and it get worse.

My mobo has 2 slots for video card and I am running SLI system. Normally when I first boot my PC, it is okay until a while then the PC will hang there. So I push the reset button. The LCD goes blank and the mobo produced 1 long beep followed by 3 shorts beep.

I removed the 1st slot of my video card and use the 2nd slot. I thought the problem might be the video card. So I interchangeably swap my video card to check whether it is faulty or not. Both VGA are working. 1st slot cannot be used as it can't boot the PC and produced the beep sound. So I used 2nd slot to test my VGA.

But then I removed one of my memory and I boot the PC. As usual, it is okay for a while and then hang there. When I push the reset button and the beep sound will occur again. I thought my PSU is going dead because the power meter shows 100W++. So I replace a new PSU but same problem occurred again. 1 long beep anfd 3 shorts beeps sound from mobo.

I check through the net under AMI BIOS. It says that it is the conventional memory problem and suggest me few ways like reseat the memory, change the slot, etc. But none of them is working.

I tried my memory on other PC and it is working. So the problem might be the motherboard. May be overheated. I don't clock my PC. I am using a full tower chasis and its airflow ventilation shouldn't have any problem.

Any solution to solve my problem?

This is my system spec:-

Asus A8N32 SLI Deluxe
2x nVidia GeForce 7800GTX 256MB
AMD Athlon 3400 X2 Dual Core
2x Corsair CMX1024-3500LLPRO
Coolermaster Real Power 550W SLI Ready
AMI BIOS

More about : solution motherboard

a b U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
September 14, 2010 4:48:33 AM

Both cards under load consume your power supply's resources almost entirely by themselves, so i would suggest a beefier psu. Not to say that they are instantly under full load once in windows, but the efficiency of your psu diminishes once the computer has been on for a while due to heat and the total power output of you psu will be less than rated. That beeping sequence further suggests a problem with your video array - it is a bios error regarding your video adapter.

A good Corsair 650 or 700w psu will suffice.
m
l
September 14, 2010 5:00:50 AM

I have tried the Coolermaster Silent Pro M700W PSU, the problem is still there. VGAs have been tested and both of them are working as mentioned.

I do not plan to buy a new mobo as 939 is almost obselete. And also changing a new mobo required my RAM n processor to be changed as well. This will burn a big hole in my pocket.
m
l
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
September 14, 2010 5:12:36 AM

Then it seems there is a problem with your motherboard interfacing with the cards.
m
l
September 17, 2010 8:20:02 AM

I have a new finding. When the monitor goes blank after the beep sound, the hard disk actually is still running because when I type my password and hit 'ENTER' key, I can hear the window logon sound.

I really have no idea what is going on with my PC. I need expertise advice. Thanks.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
September 17, 2010 9:48:50 AM

If you can still login to windows, then that means you can boot into safe mode - did you try that? The last time i was able to do what you just did - i'd inadvertently changed the resolution to something my monitor didn't support and the only way i could get the resolution back to a default was to uninstall (clean uninstall) drivers from safe mode, reinstall them...
m
l
September 17, 2010 9:58:48 AM

The problem is when the monitor goes off, I can't see anything at all. There is no display on monitor. So far I haven't put a stress testing on the VGA. I have read some forums, they faced the same problem and the culprit is the VRAM failure.

I have tried to run the CS1.6 and played for 30mins++, but no symptom of application freezing. It could be CS1.6 is not graphical intensive enough.
m
l
!