Need some help

jobohobo89

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2010
okay im getting a ati radeon hd 5750, alogn with a ASUS VH226h 1080p hd monitor. my question is, since the gpu only comes with a power connector, do i need some other connector to have this work on my monitor??

Solution
Your monitor will come with some nice cables that will suit you, even with my budget orientated AOC 2236vm i think it is, i got a nice little VGA and DVI cables with it, both of which you could use to plug into your 5750. Plus most GPUs will come with a bundle of cable which you could use as well i think

skora

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2008
You'll need 2 cables plugged into the 5750. First the power connector will be from the power supply inside the case to a plug on the card inside the case. Make sure your PSU has a 6pin (listed as 2x3 PCIe sometimes) connector.

Second, you will still need a cable that goes from the back of your 5750 (where its outside the case) to the monitor. Check to see what cables come with the monitor and that you have the correct type of interface on the back of the card. Looks like most of them have HDMI, DVI, and multi port (not that common yet.)

All the data the 5750 needs will come from the slot it's plugged into on the mobo, so there's no cable between those parts.

p1n3apqlexpr3ss

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2010
Your monitor will come with some nice cables that will suit you, even with my budget orientated AOC 2236vm i think it is, i got a nice little VGA and DVI cables with it, both of which you could use to plug into your 5750. Plus most GPUs will come with a bundle of cable which you could use as well i think

Solution

p1n3apqlexpr3ss

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2010
haha and cables that come with it are DVI and VGA as well as a 3.5mm audio cable, and what exactly you mean by HD cables? Using DVI will give you as good a picture as HDMI just doesnt carry audio on the cable, which is what the 3.5mm cable is for. And a cheap HDMI cable is only 10$ or so that gives you as good picture as a 50$ one (parents personal experience lol)

p1n3apqlexpr3ss

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2010
nope, just plug HDMI cable straight from GPU to monitor and audio and video will work flawlessly, just make sure the HDMI cable is of the lastest revision (1.3a) and carries audio and video, they dont cost too much these days