Can't send mail with with attachments. PLEASE HELP! Thank ..

newbie

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie6.outlook,microsoft.public.windowsxp,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Any guesses would be much appreciated.

I have a computer that has no problem receiving email with or without
attachments. It will send email without attachments. But times-out
when sending email WITH attachments. I've double checked
all the settings. I have installed other email clients with the same
exact results. (the Bat, Thunderbird)

This problem started about a month ago with no apparent connection to
an event. It worked fine for many months prior.

I did have Zonealarm (firewall) and AVG (antivirus) installed. But I
thought they might be the cause and I uninstalled them. But that
didn't help.

Specs:
I have two computers. One with XP Pro and the problem computer with
XP Pro SP1.
I have them setup basically identical.
They both connect to a Linksys router that then connects to a
router/dsl modem.

Malke

newbie wrote:

> Any guesses would be much appreciated.
>
> I have a computer that has no problem receiving email with or without
> attachments. It will send email without attachments. But times-out
> when sending email WITH attachments. I've double checked
> all the settings. I have installed other email clients with the same
> exact results. (the Bat, Thunderbird)
>
> This problem started about a month ago with no apparent connection to
> an event. It worked fine for many months prior.
>
> I did have Zonealarm (firewall) and AVG (antivirus) installed. But I
> thought they might be the cause and I uninstalled them. But that
> didn't help.
>
> Specs:
> I have two computers. One with XP Pro and the problem computer with
> XP Pro SP1.
> I have them setup basically identical.
> They both connect to a Linksys router that then connects to a
> router/dsl modem.

Do you get an error message? If so, what is it? How do you connect to
the Internet? How large are the attachments? What is your ISP?

Malke
--
MS MVP - Windows Shell/User
Elephant Boy Computers