Dell 3007 wfp cant get to its native resolution

pn-

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2010
Hello all,

Recently I had my PC sent back home with the 3007. What I forgot to to bring was the Dual link cable that Dell supplied in the package. I tried to purchase several dual link cables however I still cant get its native resolution of 2560. Whilst I had it abroad, it worked perfectly fine with the supplied cable and GPU. I have Asus 8800GTX in SLI as my GPU. If I tried moving the resolution up, the monitor would just appear with buzzing lines. I cant get it any higher than 1280 at the moment.

I purchased a Dual link DVI-D cable, but still couldnt get it to its native nor see the POST screen. From what I gather to be able to see the POST I would need a Dual link DVI-I cable as the 24-5 has analog pins, but I assume this still does not interfere with the digital signal that the cable is suppose to transmit, correct ?

I tried looking for a Dual link DVI-I to DVI-D to no avail and I am stuck with a low res at the moment. Could anyone shed some light on what I should do to see the BIOS and get back to its native resolution ? I updated the latest driver for both the GPU and the monitor.

Thank you,

Tommy

pn-

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2010
Hi,

Thanks for replying. Yes its happening with both cards. Tried all 4 ports, SLI mode, single mode, unplugging one and inserting the other with no luck. What was trying to say is the configuration hasnt changed since I last used it except the original cable is still overseas.

I googled before posting here and found posts that are similar to mine. Did you mean either the monitor or the GPU is damaged ?

Thanks.

pn-

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2010
Dont really have access to a notebook with Dual DVI-I/D out. Dont damage monitors produce different symtomps eg, lots of dead pixels or wouldnt power on ? I am hoping that it is not damaged in transit.. :(

Shame you don't have access to a notebook.

Normally I always think it is a driver related problem but if drivers haven't fixed it it might be hardware. The chance of it being the cards is slim as both having exactly the same problem following transit would be rare.

The only thing that has changed is the computer being shipped overseas and the cable changing. So either the monitor is not working properly or their is a problem with the cable.

I though maybe a notebook with a dvi/hdmi/or displayport if your monitor supports it would have been easier to help eliminate some options.

pn-

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2010
I am not sure if I can find a notebook that can drive 2560 since the monitor only accept 2560 or 1280 and below. I will try and get another cable and hopefully able to find that has 24-5 on 1 end and 24-1 on the other. But I doubt that the extra 4 pins for analog really matters for the digital output.

pn-

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2010
I noticed that another thing was different on the PC is the Cmos battery is low. Not totally dead yet, would this affect anything ? Just trying to eliminate the possibilites.