Sign in with
Your question

Help Please, I'm not sure whats wrong with my computer

Last response: in Components
April 15, 2010 11:32:51 AM

hello everyone :hello: 

I have a question to you guys, i'm pretty sure this has happened to others as well, and this has been answered xxxxxxxxxxxx times too. I tried google-ing it, but I just don't know what to type in.:) 

Anyways, Since yesterday morning, when I turn my pc on by pressing the power button, the lights "turn on" for a sec, then no "light", waits maybe a second and then it really starts up(without displaying any errors or sounds). If im not mistaking this has something to do with CMOS battery? Can someone tell me why is this happening?And how can it be fixed?

- I have not installed/uninstalled and hardware. Only thing is i installed Win7 ,but nothing was touched or moved.

Thanks guys!

More about : whats wrong computer

April 15, 2010 2:22:14 PM

Some motherboards do that if you arent getting any errors I wouldn't worry about it my ASUS board will do the same thing it will turn on for a sec then turn off then it continues to power up I think its some kind of pre post check.
April 15, 2010 5:51:54 PM

saaiello said:
Some motherboards do that if you arent getting any errors I wouldn't worry about it my ASUS board will do the same thing it will turn on for a sec then turn off then it continues to power up I think its some kind of pre post check.

You again :) 

Well I kind of am, since its barely a year old comp. It just started happening yesterday and never before.

Any ideas?

Saaiello could you look at my mobo for the 212+ fitting in or not?I need some reassurance!
Related resources
April 16, 2010 1:53:48 AM

wellsistvan said:
hello everyone :hello: 

I have a question to you guys, i'm pretty sure this has happened to others as well, and this has been answered xxxxxxxxxxxx times too. I tried google-ing it, but I just don't know what to type in.:) 

Anyways, Since yesterday morning, when I turn my pc on by pressing the power button, the lights "turn on" for a sec, then no "light", waits maybe a second and then it really starts up(without displaying any errors or sounds). If im not mistaking this has something to do with CMOS battery? Can someone tell me why is this happening?And how can it be fixed?

- I have not installed/uninstalled and hardware. Only thing is i installed Win7 ,but nothing was touched or moved.

Thanks guys!

i have the dfi p35 and it does that everytime but works properly everytime ive never worried about it
April 16, 2010 10:45:02 AM

shawnlove said:
i have the dfi p35 and it does that everytime but works properly everytime ive never worried about it

thanks for the reply! however , I stilled don't get it. If this is "normal" for p35 mobos, why hasn't it happened before? As i stated I have had this mobo for almost 2 years now...hmm..
April 16, 2010 4:59:33 PM

Have you added any new hardware or updated the bios lately. Also have you messed with anything in the bios particularly RAM settings.
April 16, 2010 5:03:05 PM

Mine does this (Intel set-up) every time i change (overclock) settings in BIOS.
April 16, 2010 6:49:47 PM

wellsistvan said:
thanks for the reply! however , I stilled don't get it. If this is "normal" for p35 mobos, why hasn't it happened before? As i stated I have had this mobo for almost 2 years now...hmm..

well u can try changeing the battery just shutdown the computer, oull the battery and go to raido shak or something and get a new one install and there ya go prob may be fixed after all... now that i think of it idk if mine did that when i first got it
April 17, 2010 11:39:35 AM

hehe, well funny thing,i did a couple of things,
i opened up the case - to see if something is unplugged or etc..well I noticed my vga had a silent cooler underneath it to suck the hotair away and out, and notived it wasn't doing its job. At all! It wasn't even spinning, and then i touch its' cable, and it started up spinning..and then off again, So i took that out of the system.

-installed wind7 before doing the vga fan.
-added 2 silent fans, 1 rear AC, and front Sharktoon.
!