Your question

Additional Fan Questions?

Tags:
  • Heatsinks
  • Cases
  • Overclocking
Last response: in Overclocking
October 29, 2012 2:30:03 AM

Buying new computer hopefully in next week or so, just a little bit confused about the extra fans.

It's my understanding that with the case I've chosen, Coolermaster Stryker I can add two 120mm fans to the bottom of the case. My question is, what is the difference between these two fans?

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i...

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i...

They would be intake fans?

More about : additional fan questions

October 29, 2012 2:46:03 AM

The difference according to the stats is that the first link pushes 90CFM at only 19dBA (2000rpm) while the second one which is the sickleflow fan pushes at 69.69CFM at 19dBA. so the first one pushes a little bit more air.

I actually own 2 of these and I have them in my antec 1200, they are quiet in my opinion.

As for the second question, I wouldn't know if to make them intake or exhaust,they will go at the bottom I do not see the point of making them exhaust, but remember that heat rises to the top. Maybe someone else can suggest what works, sorry I do not own the case to know how to best set up the fans.

m
l
October 29, 2012 3:54:30 AM

greddy23 said:
The difference according to the stats is that the first link pushes 90CFM at only 19dBA (2000rpm) while the second one which is the sickleflow fan pushes at 69.69CFM at 19dBA. so the first one pushes a little bit more air.

I actually own 2 of these and I have them in my antec 1200, they are quiet in my opinion.

As for the second question, I wouldn't know if to make them intake or exhaust,they will go at the bottom I do not see the point of making them exhaust, but remember that heat rises to the top. Maybe someone else can suggest what works, sorry I do not own the case to know how to best set up the fans.

Ok then. That helps, I was looking at the stats, just seemed bizarre that is all. Thanks for the clarification.

If anybody has some insight as to whether they should be intake or exhaust, would be great. :) 
m
l
a c 150 K Overclocking
October 29, 2012 6:47:20 AM

Those fans can't output anywhere near those ratings.......I own them too! :D 

The bottom should be intake fans.
m
l
!