PC turn off automatically

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 31, 2010 2:52:21 PM

My PC spec as follows:-

AMD Athlon 4800 2.4GHz
2 GB DDR2 RAM
Geforce 8600 GTS graphic card
Gigabyte GA-M56S-S# motherboard
Cooler Master Elite 334 casing with 2 unit of 120mm fan (front & rear)
Cooler Master power supply 650W

Problem - My PC turn off automatically (just like somebody pulled off the main power cable) while playing games. After reading some comments on the website, I have recently changed the Cooler Master ATX casing and the power supply because i thought the problem was due to the over-heating of the PC. After changing these 2 items, my PC still showing the CPU temperature running at 64 degree Celcius without any load.

However, after spending some money on this 2 items, still the problem persist. Guys - please help me. I am not keen to spend some more money without knowing the actual problem that has occurred to my PC. Do you suggest now i need to change the graphic card or the CPU? The Kingston RAM was also replaced about 6 months ago.

Your input is greatly appreciated.

More about : turn automatically

a b ) Power supply
January 31, 2010 5:08:43 PM

hanmlk said:
CPU temperature running at 64 degree Celcius without any load

Remove the HSF and replace the compound then make sure you replace the HSF so it's on properly.
Related resources
February 2, 2010 12:56:12 AM

Mousemonkey said:
Remove the HSF and replace the compound then make sure you replace the HSF so it's on properly.

Sorry What do you mean by HSF? How to remove it and replace the compound? Please elaborate
February 2, 2010 1:13:17 AM

HSF = heat sink and fan.

I'm guessing you didn't buy arctic silver 5, you would've gotten a thermal paste in a small tube with your CPU fan, which you or someone else applied.

To remove the compound, isopropyl alcohol works well (at the highest purity/percentage you can find). And use qtips, even paper towel is alright, to remove the existing paste and reapply it
!