Transferring pictures only from desktop to laptop

Tags:
  • Laptops
  • Desktops
  • Computers
  • Windows XP
Last response: in Windows XP
September 22, 2012 3:22:09 PM

Hello everyone! I'm not sure if I have this posted in the right category. When it comes to computers, I have a very general knowledge... I have an old desktop computer that has Windows XP installed that I used for years and saved all my digital photos in the My Pictures program. The desktop became really slow and sluggish and outdated so last year I purchased a new laptop with Windows 7. There is nothing on the desktop that I really want to save, other than all of my photos. Is there an easy way to only transfer the My Pictures folder from the desktop to my laptop? I don't have a network set up between the computers or anything like that. I've read several things about an ethernet crossover cable but from what I understand you need a network to transfer with that.

More about : transferring pictures desktop laptop

September 22, 2012 6:07:34 PM

A few options for you.
A usb or flashdrive would be a good option.
Write the files to a dvd on the xp computer
Upload then to flikr or shutterfly or similar
m
l
September 23, 2012 2:17:12 AM

Hi. The crossover cable thing is really easy to connect. You just need the cable itself and plug it into each computer.

However, to actually GET the files transfered from one computer to the other is a bit more tricky.
Using a usb pen drive is the most easy method, althought it's slower than using a network (when done correctly).
m
l
September 23, 2012 12:23:04 PM

1.use wifi connect
2.use flash disk
3.move your hard disk to win7 computer
m
l