Sign in with
Your question

OCZ vs Crucial

Last response: in Storage
February 11, 2012 4:37:05 PM

Hi,

Im about to buy a Crucial M4 64gb SSD but I've just seen the OCZ agility 3 which the website claims is faster and a fair bit cheaper. is it worth the saving or should I just get the Crucial?

http://www.scan.co.uk/products/60gb-ocz-agility-3-ssd-2...

More about : ocz crucial

a c 317 G Storage
February 11, 2012 5:44:16 PM

You will not notice any difference between the two in real use, benchmarks may differ but most ssds deliver the same real world performance.

Read THIS great article on the subject.
a c 353 G Storage
February 11, 2012 6:06:50 PM

M4 is faster than Agility III - Have Both. Pair of M4's in laptop and a pait of Agillity IIIs in I5-2500k Desktop. Pulled the OS + program agility IIIs and replaced it with a Samsung 830. As Realbeast stated, in real life not a big difference - But my VOTE goes to the M4. Ps Newegg I think has a sale on the Samsung 128 gig 830 - Approx $185 w/promo code EMCNHJN24.

Do NOT use Sequencial read/write performance as very misleading and does not translate well into performance for OS + program SSD.

For what it's worth my M4 and Samsung 830 both beat my agillity III by approx 60% (in overall AS SSD Score). Samsung 830 billed as most reliable of the three, Agility III wins the title of - You quessed it - the most probmatic.
Related resources
February 11, 2012 7:22:55 PM

RetiredChief said:
M4 is faster than Agility III - Have Both. Pair of M4's in laptop and a pait of Agillity IIIs in I5-2500k Desktop. Pulled the OS + program agility IIIs and replaced it with a Samsung 830. As Realbeast stated, in real life not a big difference - But my VOTE goes to the M4. Ps Newegg I think has a sale on the Samsung 128 gig 830 - Approx $185 w/promo code EMCNHJN24.

Do NOT use Sequencial read/write performance as very misleading and does not translate well into performance for OS + program SSD.

For what it's worth my M4 and Samsung 830 both beat my agillity III by approx 60% (in overall AS SSD Score). Samsung 830 billed as most reliable of the three, Agility III wins the title of - You quessed it - the most probmatic.

thanks, Im from UK so can't buy from Newegg. I'm going to stick with my original choice and get the M4 I think. I checked out the Samsung 830, but it costs even more than the M4 and I was looking at saving money!

thanks for your help guys
a c 353 G Storage
February 11, 2012 7:51:51 PM

M4's are a fine choice, As stated have a pait in my laptop and they are working great.

Enjoy.

My Wife is English, so understand the cost diff.
February 11, 2012 8:14:28 PM

RetiredChief said:
M4's are a fine choice, As stated have a pait in my laptop and they are working great.

Enjoy.

My Wife is English, so understand the cost diff.

thank you again! I have placed my order and did go with the M4, just need to get the windows 7 issue sorted now and I'm good to go!
!