Intel 3570k water

Twinkletoes

Honorable
Oct 28, 2012
Hey, i have a Zalman resterator 1, passive cooling sustem, as well as a 240 rad, and my question is, should i keep the zalman? or does it slow my system down (will be OCing quit a bit,)
any suggestions would be great

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
Zalman Reserator isn't that good of a watercooling system...it's actually one of the worst. It's not going to slow your CPU down, but it isn't going to allow you to really build a better loop if you decide to watercool GPUs or other components. It's also made from aluminum and you want to avoid mixing aluminium into a loop at all costs. Passive watercooling isn't really a feasible option these days as even low speed fans make a very big difference over passive radiators.

The 3570K actually runs cool until you start to increase the voltage.
That will be above 4.3. Do you really need more?
An extra .2-.4 comes at a big jump in temperatures that can not be easily controlled, even with a top end liquid cooler.

The value of the reserator is quiet. I would stick with that, or at least try it.
If you want to change, then a $30 cm hyper212 will do a good job if your case has decent ventilation.

Twinkletoes

Honorable
Oct 28, 2012

Could it not just be there, as an extra reservoir? i mean, i have nothing but space, and if it helps, just a bit, its worth it? right?

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
An extra reservoir of that size isn't going to do much for you but give you an extra minute or 2 until you reach working equilibrium. The biggest issue is that the Zalman Reserator is made of aluminum and if you have it in a loop with copper or brass components, corrosion is likely to occur unless you have an anti-corrosive coolant.

+1, the only issue I have with it is the fact thats its aluminium :)
Extra res no worries, I have 5 resses myself, but unless you lined the reserator with varnish or a lining kit used for petrol tanks, I would use it as a paperweight or bin it
Definitely do not have it in your loop :)
Moto

Can't go wrong with a Raystorm block from Xspc and their RX360 or Ex 360's are good rads, Rx over Ex if you have the choice imo,
but the EX is a very good rad anyway and will allow you to add the gfx card if/when you want to, it just has more fins per inch so needs fans with higher static pressure/rpm's to work as effectively as the Rx, which ofc makes them slightly louder to live with, but they are half the thickness which in some smaller cases is a bonus
Moto

TRENDING THREADS