Compatibility issues between Video card and MoBo?

bigtex79

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2010
To start off here are my system specs:

Operating System: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_rtm.090713-1255)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3P
Processor: AMD Phenom II X2 550 Processor (2 CPUs), ~3.1GHz
Memory: G.Skill F3-10500CL8D-4GBHK (DDR3-1333, PC3-10600) 2048x2 (4096MB RAM)
Video card: EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250
PSU: Thermaltake Toughpower W0116 750W (w/ 4 12v rails)

Now my problem is ever since I built this system it has been giving me some graphics problems. At random times when I play Aion or MW2 the screen will blink off and on, sometimes artifacts will appear or rendered areas will not appear. And then sometimes when the screen blinks the video card drivers will stop responding and the system will restart them. I can tell this occurs because I'm playing Aion in windowed mode, seems this issue occurs less often in windowed mode rather in full screen mode. But then sometimes the system will completely lock up and display a BSOD. After debugging the BSOD this is what it says:

Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 6.11.0001.404 AMD64
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Loading Dump File [C:\Windows\Minidump\013010-18423-01.dmp]
Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available

Symbol search path is: C:\Symbols
Executable search path is:
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7600 MP (2 procs) Free x64
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS
Built by: 7600.16385.amd64fre.win7_rtm.090713-1255
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0xfffff800`02a0d000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff800`02c4ae50
Debug session time: Sat Jan 30 05:59:41.319 2010 (GMT-6)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:29:11.787
Loading Kernel Symbols
Loading User Symbols
Loading unloaded module list
Unable to load image \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\dxgkrnl.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for dxgkrnl.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for dxgkrnl.sys
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 116, {fffffa80058530d0, fffff88013f7fa20, 0, 2}

Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\nvlddmkm.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys
Probably caused by : nvlddmkm.sys ( nvlddmkm+112a20 )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

I have reloaded the video card drivers possibly 5 different ways, here are just some of them:
- uninstalling the driver from the device manager, using DriverSweeper to remove any remnents of the drivers, rebooting into low resolution mode and loading drivers

- rebooting into safe mode and removing the drivers from device manager, running Driver Sweeper, rebooting into low resolution mode and loading the drivers

- rebooting into safe mode and removing the drivers from device manager, running Driver Sweeper, rebooting into normal mode and loading the drivers

- rebooting into safe mode and removing the drivers from device manager, running Driver Sweeper, rebooting into low resolution mode and loading older drivers

All of this doesn't seem to work, I'm starting to come to the conclusion that it could be the fact that this motherboard (Gigabyte MA770T-UD3P) is using ATI chipset drivers and I'm running an Nvidia video card (EVGA Geforce 250 GTS). Could my conclusion be right or completely wrong? Thanks in advance for any help.

G

your topic is a little outdated but i will respond anyways in the hopes to help someone who stumbles on this in the future, i have an ATi motherboard with an NVIDIA Geforce EN7600 GS videocard and when i updated some video card drivers last time, it failed to load any image after windows startup so i had to go into safe mode and get rid of all the graphic drivers, so yes i have to agree with your conclusion about whether or not the two are compatible with one another or not.

because no matter what the manufacturer's of both parties say they are still ENORMOUS rivals and they will stop at nothing to try and make it difficult to match them together ALWAYS! It's either NVIDIA or ATi..

they will give you some answer like "yes we are compatible with ATi or NVIDIA" know that it's a big lie and you will eventually come to encounter problems.... they wont be sleeping with the enemy no matter how fine it looks.

so my advice to anyone looking to buy a NVIDIA graphics card to put on a ATi motherboard think again! please, because you will hit a big fat wall eventually. like i have!

bigtex79

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2010
Thanks for the reply...

Since my first post I purchased an ATI GTS 250 but still had the same problems....URG!!!

So I decided to send the video card back to get my money back and get a new mobo because I thought maybe it's something to do with the chipset. So I got the ASUS M4N75TD with the nForce 750a chipset and wouldn't you know it.....the same thing happened!!!

So I'm at my wits end here and I've come to the realization that it's got to be one of 2 things.....it's either the CPU or the memory.

I'm kinda leaning toward the memory being the issue because the memory I have according to ASUS they haven't tested on this board nor did Gigabyte on that board. So I'm thinking of going an purchasing the G.Skill F3-10666CL8D-4GBHK which according to ASUS they have tested on this board and they do recommend. Now all I need to do is get the funds for it.

TRENDING THREADS