Which ATI should i keep?! help plz!

Hello all,

First things first, I bought an HIS ATI Radeon HD 4890 a few months back, knowing it was made by HIS and that it was a 4890 I could run everything on max settings. I recently ran into a problem with my case which shorted the card so I am currently waiting on a return of a new 4890. Since that takes a few weeks I couldnt handle not being able to use my computer for that long so i went out and bought a XFS ATI Radeon HD 5750. From what I know XFS doesnt exactly make the most premium cards, expecially compared to HIS. I have also looked on many benchmarks and the 4890 is usually on top the 5750 even thought its an older series.

What I would like to know is which one should I keep?! my friend needs a new gfx card so I am going to sell him one. Let me know which one I should keep based on performace. Which one is better basically.

Thanks for your time!
Curtis
3 answers Last reply
More about which keep
  1. the 4890 performs better

but if you want DX11 keep the 5750 keep in mind though that this does perform considerably lower

if i were you i would keep teh 4890
  2. Definitely the 4890. I doubt the 5750 will do too great in new DX11 games, while the 4890 will do fine (albeit w/o DX11). Also, the 5750 is slower because although it is newer, it is a mid/low level card, while the 4890 was the top single GPU of last gen.
  3. sweet thanks that is exactly what I thought, just wanted to make sure I was making the best choice. Thanks a bunch
Ask a new question

Read More

Radeon ATI HD Graphics