Which ATI should i keep?! help plz!

cbeermann

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2009
Hello all,

First things first, I bought an HIS ATI Radeon HD 4890 a few months back, knowing it was made by HIS and that it was a 4890 I could run everything on max settings. I recently ran into a problem with my case which shorted the card so I am currently waiting on a return of a new 4890. Since that takes a few weeks I couldnt handle not being able to use my computer for that long so i went out and bought a XFS ATI Radeon HD 5750. From what I know XFS doesnt exactly make the most premium cards, expecially compared to HIS. I have also looked on many benchmarks and the 4890 is usually on top the 5750 even thought its an older series.

What I would like to know is which one should I keep?! my friend needs a new gfx card so I am going to sell him one. Let me know which one I should keep based on performace. Which one is better basically.

Thanks for your time!
Curtis

Definitely the 4890. I doubt the 5750 will do too great in new DX11 games, while the 4890 will do fine (albeit w/o DX11). Also, the 5750 is slower because although it is newer, it is a mid/low level card, while the 4890 was the top single GPU of last gen.