Thief III

Its almost here, is everyone excited !!!
So who will be buying the Xbox vs PC ? I guess if your like me and have a old
as dirt computer the console version will let you play right away. Maybee it
will have a good multiplayer to keep your interest when the game is over but I
dont see it having the awesome user made missions that makes the Thief
community one of the best on the internet...
That is what makes PC such a great PC game. Multiplayer smultiplayer - who
needs it when there are a million mods out there. I am kinda sad I dont have
time to play more Thief I & II missions before III arrives. Ah rainy days.
I might just get both, I think Ill wait for the xbox reviews to come out before
deciding. Definitely getting PC but probably in a few months if I can save for
a new system - and there is Half-Life 2 to look for as well...

nightwalker

"LYINCRYIN" <lyincryin@aol.comnospam> wrote in message
> Its almost here, is everyone excited !!!
> So who will be buying the Xbox vs PC ? I guess if your like me and have a
old
> as dirt computer the console version will let you play right away. Maybee
it
> will have a good multiplayer to keep your interest when the game is over
but I
> dont see it having the awesome user made missions that makes the Thief
> community one of the best on the internet...
> That is what makes PC such a great PC game. Multiplayer smultiplayer -
who
> needs it when there are a million mods out there. I am kinda sad I dont
have
> time to play more Thief I & II missions before III arrives. Ah rainy
days.
> I might just get both, I think Ill wait for the xbox reviews to come out
before
> deciding. Definitely getting PC but probably in a few months if I can save
for
> a new system - and there is Half-Life 2 to look for as well...

I'll be buying it for PC. I didn't pre-order it so I'm hoping the stores
here will get enough copies in that I can pick one up as soon as it's out.

Nightwalker

--
**Remove "leavemealone from my email address to reply.**

LYINCRYIN wrote:

> Its almost here, is everyone excited !!!
> So who will be buying the Xbox vs PC ? I guess if your like me and have a old
> as dirt computer the console version will let you play right away. Maybee it
> will have a good multiplayer to keep your interest when the game is over but I
> dont see it having the awesome user made missions that makes the Thief
> community one of the best on the internet...
> That is what makes PC such a great PC game. Multiplayer smultiplayer - who
> needs it when there are a million mods out there. I am kinda sad I dont have
> time to play more Thief I & II missions before III arrives. Ah rainy days.
> I might just get both, I think Ill wait for the xbox reviews to come out before
> deciding. Definitely getting PC but probably in a few months if I can save for
> a new system - and there is Half-Life 2 to look for as well...

I will probably rent the PC version first. If I like it, then I will buy it.
Still need to upgrade CPU and video card before then.
I don't do the Console stuff here, so no X-box, ninetendo, etc at my house.
Albert

Tim

"Albert R. Conklin" <aconklin@satx.rr.com> wrote in message

> I will probably rent the PC version first. If I like it, then I will
buy it.

Rent? Where?

"LYINCRYIN" <lyincryin@aol.comnospam> wrote in message
> Its almost here, is everyone excited !!!
> So who will be buying the Xbox vs PC ? I guess if your like me and have a
old
> as dirt computer the console version will let you play right away. Maybee
it
> will have a good multiplayer to keep your interest when the game is over
but I
> dont see it having the awesome user made missions that makes the Thief
> community one of the best on the internet...
> That is what makes PC such a great PC game. Multiplayer smultiplayer -
who
> needs it when there are a million mods out there. I am kinda sad I dont
have
> time to play more Thief I & II missions before III arrives. Ah rainy
days.
> I might just get both, I think Ill wait for the xbox reviews to come out
before
> deciding. Definitely getting PC but probably in a few months if I can save
for
> a new system - and there is Half-Life 2 to look for as well...

Definately PC. We have several consoles in the house, but I don't like
playing games on them... maybe it's simply because my eye sight is getting
bad, so I need to sit with my nose close to the screen :D

Even though I'm in Europe I'm hoping one of my good friends will ship it to
me, the thought of having to wait an extra three weeks.... awful! About the
editor for Thief 3..... I don't think Thief TDP and 2 is going to retire
anytime soon... I find it hard to think that they will release an editor for
Thief 3 based on what's been said... sadly :(

"LYINCRYIN" <lyincryin@aol.comnospam> wrote in message
> Its almost here, is everyone excited !!!
> So who will be buying the Xbox vs PC ? I guess if your like me and have a
old
> as dirt computer the console version will let you play right away. Maybee
it
> will have a good multiplayer to keep your interest when the game is over
but I
> dont see it having the awesome user made missions that makes the Thief
> community one of the best on the internet...
> That is what makes PC such a great PC game. Multiplayer smultiplayer -
who
> needs it when there are a million mods out there. I am kinda sad I dont
have
> time to play more Thief I & II missions before III arrives. Ah rainy
days.
> I might just get both, I think Ill wait for the xbox reviews to come out
before
> deciding. Definitely getting PC but probably in a few months if I can save
for
> a new system - and there is Half-Life 2 to look for as well...

I'm buying the PC version, provided it's good.

Who am I kidding? I'm buying it anyway, I have to see it myself, good or
bad. I play so few games -- well, besides Thief nothing, really -- that I
guess I can afford one "miss", should the worst come to pass. I think TDS
will be quite good, though.

I'm actually going to buy a new PC tomorrow, just for the sake of TDS ;)
Gives me a good enough excuse to upgrade my old setup. Living in Europe
means that I won't be able to get my hands on the game at the same time you
US taffers do, unless I find a web store willing to ship abroad :(

At the moment it seems unlikely that we'll get an editor. We know that the
game won't ship with one, but it may well be that Eidos won't release it
afterwards, either. That would be really sad, but I don't think that
there's much that we can do about it. The petition should've made the fans'
opinion on the matter clear to Eidos, but I can understand why they'd decide
against it anyway. Let's hope for the best, though!

However it turns out, we'll always have T2/TG Fan Missions. The release of
TDS won't make any less enthusiastic about playing new FMs for the classics!

- Mika L

Tim wrote:

> "Albert R. Conklin" <aconklin@satx.rr.com> wrote in message
> >
> > I will probably rent the PC version first. If I like it, then I will
> buy it.
> >

> Rent? Where?

There is a store in town called "All Systems Go". They carry most all the
PC games.
Albert

"LYINCRYIN" <lyincryin@aol.comnospam> schrieb:

> Its almost here, is everyone excited !!!

Nope. I would be... if I wouldn't have played Deus Ex 2. Oh what a
dissapointment! So, I'm an avid T1&2 fan, but I really don't care about
T3. Sure, I hope it will be a valid sequel, but I also see the other
side of the coin.

> So who will be buying the Xbox vs PC ?

IF it's good, PC. If not, I don't buy it at all. Thanks to DE2 I'm VERY
hype-resistant now.

Vimes

"Martin Seibert" <realsyntech@gmx.at> wrote in message
> "LYINCRYIN" <lyincryin@aol.comnospam> schrieb:
>
> > Its almost here, is everyone excited !!!
>
> Nope. I would be... if I wouldn't have played Deus Ex 2. Oh what a
> dissapointment! So, I'm an avid T1&2 fan, but I really don't care about
> T3. Sure, I hope it will be a valid sequel, but I also see the other
> side of the coin.
>
> > So who will be buying the Xbox vs PC ?
>
> IF it's good, PC. If not, I don't buy it at all. Thanks to DE2 I'm VERY
> hype-resistant now.

wouldnt buy console ever - will buy it n give em a chance. Waited long
enough - you mean you havent upgraded since t2? lol - new parts r cheaper
than replacing old ones now.

As in any fps etc - pc gives more control and allows for modding - how many
drunk teens are gonna start mapping etc after their friday night out..lol ;)

Stoney

www.purplezone.org

---

"Martin Seibert" <realsyntech@gmx.at> kirjoitti viestissä
> "LYINCRYIN" <lyincryin@aol.comnospam> schrieb:
>
> > Its almost here, is everyone excited !!!
>
> Nope. I would be... if I wouldn't have played Deus Ex 2. Oh what a
> dissapointment! So, I'm an avid T1&2 fan, but I really don't care about
> T3. Sure, I hope it will be a valid sequel, but I also see the other
> side of the coin.
>
> > So who will be buying the Xbox vs PC ?
>
> IF it's good, PC. If not, I don't buy it at all. Thanks to DE2 I'm VERY
> hype-resistant now.

You should check out some of the threads and hands-on experiences posted on
the TTLG and IonStorm forums regarding TDS. It's all looking really
promising, and is nothing like DX2. You have to realize that TDS was
developed by a different team than DX2, and since it comes out after DX2,
the devs could leverage the lessons learned from DX2 in developing TDS.

Check out this preview (but beware spoilers because it describes at least a
part of a mission in a very detailed manner) by UnderGroundOnline
http://www.ugo.com/channels/games/features...ows/preview.asp. Yes, it's
just one preview, but comments from other sources, like the hands-on review
by Dan (Digital Nightfall) of TTLG, seem to say that TDS looks brilliant,
has an amazing soundscape, feels like Thief, plays like Thief, and is a
worthy successor to the classics.

I'm very optimistic. I still don't like some of the design choises they
made, but I'm hearing so many good things about this game that they don't
matter anymore.

- Mika L

"Mika Latokartano" <mika.latokartano@REMOVETHIS.kolumbus.fi.invalid>
schrieb:

> > IF it's good, PC. If not, I don't buy it at all. Thanks to DE2 I'm VERY
> > hype-resistant now.
>
> You should check out some of the threads and hands-on experiences posted [..]

I did ;-)

> I'm very optimistic. I still don't like some of the design choises they
> made, but I'm hearing so many good things about this game that they don't
> matter anymore.

Well, you know... having DX2 in mind I'll wait and see how people rave or
shout after it's release. Based on that (or a demo) I'll make my decisions.