Status
Not open for further replies.

giltyler

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2011
I have changed the thermal paste on my H100 from the paste Corsair installs to some Antec formula 6 that I had from a past project.
The stock stuff was doing a better job by about 5c and in the past on my old H80 I used arctic silver 5 and it was better than the standard pre applied paste by about 3c. What are some of you using for paste?

The picture shows what readings I get with the Antec paste.
Do any of the numbers look bad for a H100 cooled I5 2500k
photo12.jpg
[/img]

Solution
Here is a thermal paste roundup from skinnee labs (great liquid cooling website):
http://skinneelabs.com/2011-thermal-paste-review-comparison/

thequn

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2012
I Will get hate for this- On my Personal Pc I use an odd brand and type
Cooler Master High Performance TIM the white ice set-

Came out back in 2002 and I bought a few we designed for sub ambient temps
The tim was bad a upon release,but some odd thing happened to this stuff with age were something seraded and it got greasy so I tried it and I was getting crazy low = to AS-5 and mx4. the main reason I use it because its last forever its vary greasy and allows me to do what ever I want to my system-case-components and them just stick them back on with out having to reapply everything.

thequn

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2012
When I build a system for buddies/coworkers I use Indigo Xtream. most of them will never need to upgrade or would not know how if you pointed it out item by item.so i just lock it up so they never need to.

Status
Not open for further replies.