Setting of Group Policy in WinXP Pro

October 26, 2004 4:05:02 AM

Hi
I would like to use Group Policy in WinXP Pro to setup for restricted user.

But when i login as an administrator in gpedit.msc to disable
some of the function, e.g. disable IE6 Toolbar to prevent them from using.
My administrator account IE6 was also affected.

How do i enable the restriction without affecting administrator account user?

Thanks in advance.
Anonymous
October 26, 2004 10:21:00 PM

welkin wrote:

> Hi
> I would like to use Group Policy in WinXP Pro to setup for restricted user.
>
> But when i login as an administrator in gpedit.msc to disable
> some of the function, e.g. disable IE6 Toolbar to prevent them from using.
> My administrator account IE6 was also affected.
>
> How do i enable the restriction without affecting administrator account user?
Hi

Applies to WinXP Pro as well:

How to apply local policies to all users except administrators in a
workgroup setting in Windows 2000
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=293655

the 1328 page Scripting Guide: