Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question
Solved

WIll this water cooling system fit nicely in my case?

Tags:
  • Water Cooling
  • Cases
  • Thermaltake
  • Overclocking
  • Product
Last response: in Overclocking
October 30, 2012 5:23:46 PM

Thermaltake WATER2.0 Pro for $89 + $30 MIR @ Newegg http://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod [...] 6835106189
Seems like a nice deal. What is the Corsair equivalent to this? And will I have any troubel installing it on a 500r/300r/or 200r (Thinking of downsizing case because of limted room).

Will I see any major difference from my Hyper 212 EVO.

More about : water cooling system fit nicely case

a b K Overclocking
October 30, 2012 5:45:23 PM

I would say that it would not be significant enough to warrant a change, it probably will produce similar results and may even be louder than the evo.
m
0
l
October 30, 2012 5:51:00 PM

chugot9218 said:
I would say that it would not be significant enough to warrant a change, it probably will produce similar results and may even be louder than the evo.

I've been told that, ya. Just thought this might be fun to try however, I'm only willing to buy if it's a significant difference. Not looking like it so far.
m
0
l
Related resources
a c 479 K Overclocking
October 30, 2012 5:52:38 PM

Not that fantastic of a cooler and I wouldn't expect much more than maybe 1-2C at 100% load on high fan speeds over the Evo you currently have.

Is there a particular reason you are downsizing your case, but getting a bigger cooler?
m
0
l

Best solution

a b K Overclocking
October 30, 2012 5:53:09 PM

Most of those pre-made water cooling systems are rather sub-par, and seem pretty expensive for what you get. If it was your first cooler, you could probably give it a shot, but since you already have the Evo I would not bother paying more for similar performance. If you want to add performance, and do not already have it set up push-pull, add a fan. Otherwise you already have one of the best coolers at it's price range, you won't find much better value wise.
Share
October 30, 2012 6:17:24 PM

rubix_1011 said:
Not that fantastic of a cooler and I wouldn't expect much more than maybe 1-2C at 100% load on high fan speeds over the Evo you currently have.

Is there a particular reason you are downsizing your case, but getting a bigger cooler?

My 500r is too big to fit where I used to keep my old pc. It's currently on the ground and in the way. But also, I just didn't like as much as I thought I would, as far as looks.
m
0
l
October 30, 2012 6:18:25 PM

Best answer selected by 123364.
m
0
l
a c 479 K Overclocking
October 30, 2012 6:34:30 PM

I get why you are going with a smaller case, but you didn't really address the large cooler other than (possibly) looks and if it would cool any better (which it isn't, but dependent upon case airflow for both).
m
0
l
October 30, 2012 6:38:06 PM

rubix_1011 said:
I get why you are going with a smaller case, but you didn't really address the large cooler other than (possibly) looks and if it would cool any better (which it isn't, but dependent upon case airflow for both).

Oh, I just thought the water cooler would give be better results. I wanted to take advatage of the deal @ Neweeg, but I think I'll pass.
m
0
l
a b K Overclocking
October 30, 2012 6:44:28 PM

Good call, I have to convince myself not to buy more newegg and amazon deals almost daily lol :p 
m
0
l
a c 479 K Overclocking
October 30, 2012 6:46:16 PM

Overall considering cost and your current cooling option, you are better off, especially when you are downsizing your case, anyway.
m
0
l
October 30, 2012 7:08:12 PM

Thanks everyone!
m
0
l