Maybe you guys can figure this one out...

xbadwolfx

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2007
I have a gtx 275 with the latest drivers. I was previously using EVGA Precision to overclock the card. I was doing fine, the fan was manually kicked up to 80% at all times. It was a small overclock just to give me a couple extra FPS.

I was playing the bad company 2 beta when all of a sudden the screen flickered between white and black. This happened for a couple of seconds before I finally control-alt-deleted out of it.

I tried relaunching the beta, and noticed then whenever i joined a game it was beyond laggy. I couldnt even select my weapon. I exited, opened EVGa precision, and noticed that even though the overclock settings were still applied, my core clock shader clock and memory clock were sitting beyond low (like, 100mhz low).

I uninstalled the drivers, uninstalled precision, and then reinstalled both. The problem was still happening. Although I'm able to adjust the fan speed, the clocks are still sitting on their low settings.

Out of curiosity, I downloaded RivaTuner. Whaddya know... RivaTuner lets me overclock the card successfully back to where it should be (factory settings). Yet, for some reason, when I open back up precision, it kicks the settings back down.

I don't care about EVGA Precision. I don't mind using RivaTuner. I'm just trying to find out as to why this is happening, considering the fact that it was working perfectly fine until today. I did everything possible... reinstalled drivers, rolled back to previous drivers, etc.

ryanvdbt1a

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2010
ok that flickering of the screen means that your video card cant keepup with the motion/graphics/ect. of the game or that your video card is overheating (since nvidia cards can get overheated rather quickly by blowing upon other PCI-Cards and not losing its heat) + why do you want to over clock in the first place because.
1. it causes to overheat quicker then normal.
2. the videocard can get destroyed by it.

this has nothing to do with your so called drivers its your will for more fps that's causing this the only way to fix this is.
1. give the video-card enough room to release its heat
2. turn of your settings for overclocking
3. less higher settings + fps lock

btw wait for new drivers if you read the changelogs on nvidia you can see wich games have improved preformances else look on a couple of forms if the driver is working correctly this can work allot.

if you wont do this well suit your self :D

xbadwolfx

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2007
I don't see how heat was the issue. The card was slightly overclocked and the fan was kicked up to 80%. The card was between 50-60 Celsius. Those are not abnormal temperatures.