Sign in with
Your question

Need help to find new wireless router

Last response: in Networking
January 12, 2010 5:53:06 PM

hey everyone,

was wondering if anyone can recommend a good wireless router for 100 bucks or less. my old belkin wireless G router is going on me and i tried getting a linksys WRT310Nv2 but that just giving me too many issues and i even went back and got another one and it still is crap. i tried troubleshooting it over the linksys forums and tech support and there not any help so i do not want to troubleshoot this one.

More about : find wireless router

January 30, 2010 3:19:42 AM

captaincharisma said:
hey everyone,

was wondering if anyone can recommend a good wireless router for 100 bucks or less. my old belkin wireless G router is going on me and i tried getting a linksys WRT310Nv2 but that just giving me too many issues and i even went back and got another one and it still is crap. i tried troubleshooting it over the linksys forums and tech support and there not any help so i do not want to troubleshoot this one.

Are you looking to upgrade to N? Or are you wanting to stay with G?

If you're staying with G, then it should be fairly easy to stay under $100. I personally the Buffalo WHR-HP-G54 router. I've also had good success with Linksys WRT54GL (note the L). I normally load my routers with DD-WRT, instead of stock firmware, as it adds some extra features that can come in handy. You should be able to get either one of these for around the $60 mark.

If you're looking at N, it might be a little harder to come by at that price point. I personally have a Linksys WRT600N, but I don't have any wireless devices that are N capable yet, so I haven't been able to test it. And other than that, I've never used an N wireless router, so maybe someone else can give you a better idea of whether or not you can get one with that budget in mind.
m
l
!