How to configure Group Policy in Windows XP Pro

October 26, 2004 4:09:05 AM

Hi

I am using Windows XP Pro and i would like to configure some restriction on
restricted user.

I have used gpedit.msc to enable the restriction e.g. disable IE6 Tool Bar
but this function also restict me as an administrator to use the function.

How do i enable the restriction on normal user without affecting the
administrator account?

Appreciate your reply.

Thanks in advance
Anonymous
October 26, 2004 10:20:44 PM

alvin wrote:

> Hi
>
> I am using Windows XP Pro and i would like to configure some restriction
> on restricted user.
>
> I have used gpedit.msc to enable the restriction e.g. disable IE6 Tool Bar
> but this function also restict me as an administrator to use the function.
>
> How do i enable the restriction on normal user without affecting the
> administrator account?
Hi

Applies to WinXP Pro as well:

How to apply local policies to all users except administrators in a
workgroup setting in Windows 2000
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=293655

the 1328 page Scripting Guide: