The motherboard/graphics card is where I'm the least sure. The options are: Asus P7P55-LX with Gigabyte ATI Radeon HD 4890 1GB or Sapphire ATI Radeon HD 5850 1GB - there's also an Asus and a Gigabyte version available for the HD 5850, which are only slightly more expensive, but I like the Sapphire design best, so unless there are serious issues with this version of the card, I'll stick with it
- I'm inclined towards going with the Asus P7P55D PRO motherboard whichever graphics card I choose, because of the 8x/8x and having both SLI and CrossFireX making it more upgradeable
1. I'm looking to be able to play demanding games at their highest settings at 1920x1080, but without necessarily eye-popping FPS.
2. I've read that SLI/CrossFire can cause scaling issues with some games, but how often or how much of a problem is this in practice?
3. If I do choose the doube graphics card setup, how would you estimate the case would fare against two cards in SLI/CrossFire temperature-wise? If I go with the nVidia GTS, do you propose I buy the "boxed" versions from XFX or the open ASUS design?
4. I'm also unsure about total PSU wattage needed in case of SLI/CrossFire.
5. How much does a CPU factor for in game performance? I know that it varies between games, including the number of cores a game actually uses, but is there a general percentage?
6. If anyone's up for looking through the pages provided, the translation for the cathegories are:
Componente PC = PC Components
Placi video = Graphic Cards
Placi de baza = Motherboards
Carcase = Cases
Memorii = Memory
Surse = Power Supplies
Unitati optice = Optical Disc Recorder
Periferice = Peripherals
Tastaturi = Keyboards
Images and universal component names may help, and hopefully filters are easily understandable, but if more translations are needed feel free to ask.
I'm aware that helping someone through sites in a foreign language requires more patience than normal, and I appreciate any help or advice given. Alternatively, you can use English sites for components suggestions and I'll see if they're available myself, it's completely fine by me.
Thanks for the suggestions. Went with the i5 750, MSI motherboard and the samsung 500gb.
I'm still pondering on the 750TX, and that's because I still need advice regarding what graphics card setup to go with.
One thing I forgot to mention is that I also have the option of taking an nVidia 9800GTX+ I already have from a system, and buy another GTS250 to have them in SLI, but I'm not sure if they'll bring the performance I'm looking for.