Overclocked 9400 GT 1 GB too much, now no display

friendz101

Honorable
Oct 24, 2012
Hi,
I overclocked my graphics card NVidia 9400 GT 1 GB to about 685 MHz (default 550), and also played AC II just fine. But now after rebooting, my monitor does not start ? have i shot myself in the foot by overclocking this much ? :eek:
Also, I used RivaTuner to overclock (also had set it to use 685 MHz on reboot :??: ), and also used GPU-Z yesterday to monitor my GFX-card temperature etc. It did not rise more than 61 degress celcius.
Please help. What should be done?

Solution
You have a few options then. The first and (I think) easiest would be to use one of the on board connectors (VGA, HDMI or DVI) to connect to your monitor. If you can get a display through that connection, simply go into your graphics card overclocking utility and bring your clocks closer to stock.

friendz101

Honorable
Oct 24, 2012

Thanks for the reply.
Yes, I have i5 3550 which has integrated graphics, and Gigabyte: GA-H77M-D3H, which has a VGA and DVI port as well.. Can anything be done ?

You have a few options then. The first and (I think) easiest would be to use one of the on board connectors (VGA, HDMI or DVI) to connect to your monitor. If you can get a display through that connection, simply go into your graphics card overclocking utility and bring your clocks closer to stock.

Solution