Best AMD GPUs OC testing software ?

Xcurse

Honorable
Oct 30, 2012
Hello guys,
I`m going to OC my SHAPPHIRE 6850 1GB with MSI afterburner

and i`m will not get much higher but something like 775/850 MHz and 1000/1125 a bit less or a bit higher just for reaching my stability point .

But my question is which software you suggest to test my stability and how long should i test my GPU every time ?? ( i will increase clocks 20 MHz every time untill i reach ) !

waiting for your advices and thanks in advance

sorry for any language miss

Xcurse

Honorable
Oct 30, 2012

THX dude fore your help...

but
I need some guide to know how long should i test the GPU every time i increase CClock or MEM Clock on FURMARK ??
is 15 Minutes good to go every time or what ?

and when can i know the test is fail ??
is FURMARk will tell me if it fail or i sould see something wrong in my screen wile testing with FURMARL ??

plz help

rdc85

Honorable
Yup 15 min is fine...

there a build in test that run a 15min, there also a continuous test (but not recommended)

At the test there will be a temperature graph u can know if the card became over heating u wanna keep the card at 60-80c max at full running... (under 70c will be great)

when testing u also check for visible artifact or glitches.... (same case when test with games)

edit: when test fail it will crash the system (BSOD, etc..) so make sure u keep watch on the temp..

Xcurse

Honorable
Oct 30, 2012

Actully i downloaded it becouse FURMARK feels me stupid and now working on MSI AFTERBURNER

and that`s my first result for the first step

At the beginning i increased C Clock only from 775 MHz to 787 MHz and pressed on K button which i found it visible in MSI Afterburner after installing MSI Kombustor 2.3 ...

and let it testing for 18 MINUTES and nothing wrong happens ! ....

Can i go higher now or is there another step i should do ?

this is my result
19773612.jpg

If you are happy with the temps then you can go further just don't push the voltage too far. If you do the burn in test kombustor gives you a score so you can see how much of a difference the OC makes.

Xcurse

Honorable
Oct 30, 2012
Ok, hardly i`ve reached to 775/920 MHz and 1000/1125 MHz and made BENCHMARK test for my own settings ( 1600x 900 ) 2-4 times with no problem and made endless BURN-IN test for almost 20 minutes with nothing wrong
but the problem is ......when i `ve tried to use MSI afterburner i can`t up my GPU core more than 850MHz and CCC the same , so i went with SHAPPHIRE TRIXX since my GPU is SHAPPHIRE 6850 and reached to my current settings 920/1125 MHz
BUT.... After applying it, saving my 1st profile, i went to restart my COMPUTER .
and opened SHAPPHIRE TRIXX , i found the MEM is stable @ 1125 MHz but my core is 850 MHz . i`ve tried to load 1st profile and it loaded well but TRIXX every time i opened it and applying any changes it makes my desktop refresh strange lines at the bottom of the screen and my firfox browser the same . and this was happening while i was overclocking but nothing of it while testing with furmark .

plz guys can any one tells me what is wrong ?

cuecuemore

Distinguished
I'd just game. But if you do insist on Furmarking, only run the base test, i.e. don't activate any of their ~"super mega ultra burn-in extreme" garbage. Even Furmark's base test will stress your GPU beyond any gaming load after just a few minutes.

Xcurse

Honorable
Oct 30, 2012
THX, but the problem now isn`t furmark testing , in fact i passed the test well , but the problem is how to save or load the maximum MHz i`ve reached @ 920/1125 MHz

every time i `ve tring to load it with MSI AB it gives me just GPU Core 850 MHz and if i`ve trying to load from TRIXX it gives me GPU Core 920 MHz well but TRIXX load strange sort of flickers too on the screen and not fixed untill i restart my system ...

Nitto888

Honorable
Oct 8, 2012

as a said in the other post,
Hey i had the same problem with the same card but ive solved it i'm not sure which catalyst your on but i find 12.8 to work the best so i'd advise upgrading or downgrading to that version of catalyst and then with trixx overclock and have it set to open on start up and restore clocks if you set the clocks higher than catalyst allows. This is the best way i've got mine figured out working well. With stock voltage i've got my card running 950/1100

rdc85

Honorable
As I remember to enable O.C. there need and old .dll that not included in new catalyst...

not familiar with TRIXX so no advise there ....

Yup, they called Furmark is Heat Virus... hehehe :D

No gaming will use that much power but i think it still good strees tool....
(same with prime95)