Sign in with
Your question

How to install active mixer devices for windows xp

Last response: in Windows XP
September 23, 2012 10:40:19 PM

hi there.
for some reason i have no sound fro my computer. i have no sound icon in the task bar.. i have the drivers and have tryd updating/reinstalling/renewing. i have set windows audio to automatic , ive tryd the sound control option under the entertainment option in my start menu.... it says i have no active mixing devices installed and when updating gave me an error 37 code... this has been going on for weeks now....grrrrrrrr

im totally baffled but am far from a comp expert so if anyone out there can help it would be gratley appreciated!

kind regards
neil
September 24, 2012 11:41:00 AM

neila8 said:
hi there.
for some reason i have no sound fro my computer. i have no sound icon in the task bar.. i have the drivers and have tryd updating/reinstalling/renewing. i have set windows audio to automatic , ive tryd the sound control option under the entertainment option in my start menu.... it says i have no active mixing devices installed and when updating gave me an error 37 code... this has been going on for weeks now....grrrrrrrr

im totally baffled but am far from a comp expert so if anyone out there can help it would be gratley appreciated!

kind regards
neil

May be something here you have yet to try.
http://pcsupport.about.com/od/errorc/a/code-37-error.ht...
You set the windows audio service to automatic, but is it started ?
!