New to computer design-Hard Drive issues

I was having issues with my computer blue-screen crashing. Long story short, I ended up with a new V-Card and Hardrive.

Since I am uneducated in these matters I just got a new version of Windows 7 Ultimate. (Originally I just had Win 7)

Here is the issue I am having: I had a lot of files on my Slave Drive and while now my computer recognizes the drive itself and all of the space occupied on it, when I try to access the drive it tells me that the "Folder is empty."

I already tried reassigning a Drive Letter as I googled the problem and read that that might be the issue.

Any help here would be much appreciated.
4 answers Last reply
More about computer design hard drive issues
  1. Make sure the BIOS settings for the Slave drive is set to the same as it was when the drive was originally installed (IDE / AHCI / etc)
  2. I wast sure what the settings were when the drive was originally installed so I just switched them. Same results...I'm really lost here.
  3. are you sure you are CLEAN of any virus/malware? I have had these hide files on clients' pc's before. were all of your files in one folder? not sure where the "folder is empty" error came from :)
  4. I'm pretty sure I had some Malware on my last Master Drive. Thing is, right up until the Hard Drive failed(For physical reasons) I was able to open the files o the Slave Drive no problem. What I had on the drive were a lot of Movies(Many of them DvD/Bluray rips) and they were all in one folder yes.
Ask a new question

Read More

Hard Drives Blue Screen Computer Storage