Sign in with
Your question

HELP monitor wont work

Last response: in CPUs
April 16, 2010 4:10:25 AM

hi everyone, well im having trouble with my computer. I recently bought a samsung B2330 23 inch monitor and when i plug it in and turn on the computer, it just wont start and theres a sign that says power saving mode and it stays there. I tried rebooting it but it wont work. Sometimes i manage to get to the dektop but after 15 minutes or if i start a videogame the screen just goes black and says power saving mode. I really have no idea what it could be and im starting to think its my computer. If anyone can help me id be very grateful.

PS i have an ASUS P5SD2-VM, Intel Core 2 Duo E7300, nvidia geforce 9600gt 512mb

More about : monitor wont work

a c 83 à CPUs
April 16, 2010 4:59:18 AM

It could be something as simple as a loose connection/cord. Does your old monitor still work? Or do you have another monitor to try? It may be a defective monitor since it's new, it's also possible it's your video card.
m
l
April 16, 2010 5:34:25 AM

I had an issue kind of like this when I installed a ATI 4890 with a Corsair PSU 750w into my system.

My monitor would say "No signal".

I tried rebooting, trying a different monitor, taking the battery out, etc....

I was plugged in via HDMI into my 4890 at the time.

I checked BIOS and my primary graphics driver was PCI-E, so I wasn't sure what was wrong.

Well, I rebooted and this time, plugged into my Integrated VGA input on my motherboard.

It booted, and It worked! I then installed my Drivers from ATI and plugged back into HDMI from there on and everything has been ok.
m
l
Related resources
April 16, 2010 5:36:13 AM

Try other monitors. And if the other monitors do the same thing, then you know its not the monitor. However, if they don't , re read your monitors manual or go on samsungs tech site.

Make sure everything is plugged in. What are you plugged into? HDMI? DVI? on your GFX CARD? Or are you plugged into your integrated VGA graphics on motherboard? Try rebooting and plugging into a different input.

Let me know what happens
m
l
April 16, 2010 5:44:17 AM

hey energy, thanks for youre reply. Wll im pretty sure its not the monitors problem cause before i had the samsung i bought and lg and it had the same problem. I dont understand very much about this kind of stuff. Im pretty sure im not plugged to hdmi cause i dont even have that wire. When you bought youre ati did it come with some sort of accessory that you plug in monitors wire?. Anyway i think its my graphic card cause everytime i start a videogame it crashes, but im not really sure. One more thing how to i plug it into my BGA input on the motherboard?.
m
l
April 17, 2011 11:32:44 PM

i put an nvidia gtx 460 in my PC but when i connect it, my tv moniter turns itself off, like it hate's my card, any idea why that might be?
m
l
!