Solved

Input on a new gaming system

Hey everyone. I want to build a new gaming pc and the budget is somewhere around $600

What i dont need:
Monitor
Keyboard
Mouse
Graphics Card
Case

I dont know if i wanna go with AMD or Intel, but i did some looking around and i found somethings but cant make up my mind. I just need some input or recommendations.

This is what i got so far:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.330690

or

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.330688

Thank you for your inputs and recommendations in advance
6 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about input gaming system
  1. Best answer
    HDD/PSU: Samsung Spinpoint F3 500 GB and OCZ ModXStream 700W $95 after rebate
    Optical: Cheapest SATA DVD burner $25
    RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 2x2 GB 1600 mhz CAS Latency 7 $115

All of that totals: $340. That leaves $260 for the CPU and mobo. That means the i5-750 is out of range. In that case, I would go with the Phenom II X4 955 and Gigabyte GA-MA790GPT-UD3H for $256 after rebate.

If Windows 7 is not needed, either of those combos would be good. To be honest, I'm not seeing much of a difference, so get the cheaper one.
  2. Hey Mad thanks for you reply. I went with your advice and got the AMD Phenom II X4 955 and the G.Skill Ripjaws RAM and the OCZ ModXStream 700W. I added:

So this is what i got:

Motherboard: ASUS M4A785TD-V EVO AM3 AMD 785G HDMI ATX AMD
    CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition Deneb 3.2GHz Socket AM3 125W Quad-Core
    RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600
    Harddrive: Western Digital Caviar Black WD1001FALS 1TB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s
    Case: NZXT M59 - 001BK Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case
    Power Supply: OCZ ModXStream Pro OCZ700MXSP 700W
    Windows 7 Home 64 bit

All ended up under $700 after mail in rebate.

Let me know what you think, btw im using my old EVGA 8800gt 512mb akimbo
    Thank you in advance
  3. Best answer selected by tenzin.
  4. Looks good except the WD. The Samsung is not only cheaper, but also faster, quieter and cooler. It's just all around better.
  5. MadAdmiral said:
    Looks good except the WD. The Samsung is not only cheaper, but also faster, quieter and cooler. It's just all around better.

crap i ordered the WD 1TB Black already for 99.99 with free shipping. Is there a huge difference in the speed, noise and temp? Is it worth the time and shipping back fee to get the Samsung?
  6. Not a huge difference, but just a little. I wouldn't worry about it too much.
Ask a new question

Read More

Build Gaming Graphics Systems Product