HELP-RTV Network Problems

After a power outage - both the 5080 and the 5040 are on surge protectors -
I have lost the ability to network either of these units.

In fact, if I connect the RJ45 ethernet cable(s), the units go into a
constant reboot, recording fragments of scheduled recordings.

One of the units does this even if not connected to the network. Has anyone
experienced similar issues? If so, how did you rectify the problem(s)?

Thanks in advance for any pointers.
1 answer Last reply
More about help network problems

    On Mon, 2 May 2005 17:02:46 -0700, "paul diener" <pdiener1@cox.net>
    wrote:

    >After a power outage - both the 5080 and the 5040 are on surge protectors -
    >I have lost the ability to network either of these units.
    >
    >In fact, if I connect the RJ45 ethernet cable(s), the units go into a
    >constant reboot, recording fragments of scheduled recordings.

    That will happen if your Replays are set to "obtain an IP address
    automatically" and there is no DHCP server present. That's usually in
    your router. Is it working properly?

    >One of the units does this even if not connected to the network. Has anyone
    >experienced similar issues? If so, how did you rectify the problem(s)?

    If it's set to use the network, the result is the same as above (no
    DHCP server). You'd need to get that working before you reboot the
    Replays.

    BTW, you said ONE of the units. What does the other do?

    --
    Mark Lloyd
    has a Replay 5xxx

    still fall for that scam."