When will hard drive prices normalize ???

I really need to buy a new hard drive,but these prices really piss me off,so when will the market recover,any hints or information out there ???
7 answers Last reply
More about when hard drive prices normalize
  1. Likely later this year, too late for you since you need one now -- but there are frequent sales on specific models so watch for them at Newegg and other online retailers. If you need a big storage drive 3tb 7200 rpm for $170 take the drive out of this external, which was a good price before the flooding in Thailand.
  2. MrWolf said:
    I really need to buy a new hard drive,but these prices really piss me off,so when will the market recover,any hints or information out there ???


    Nice to see a hard core "Toms Hardware" fan frequenting the froums .... so much of a fan he misses the article on the front page :sarcastic:


    http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/hdd-hard-drive-thailand-flood-prices-shortage,news-37736.html

    Cheers
  3. yoji said:
    Nice to see a hard core "Toms Hardware" fan frequenting the froums .... so much of a fan he misses the article on the front page :sarcastic:


    http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/hdd-hard-drive-thailand-flood-prices-shortage,news-37736.html

    Cheers

    That's just an opinion piece, who really know when the manipulators will have to let prices fall to sell their wares, only time will tell. Personally, I need another 8 3tb drives for an array, but I can wait so I will. Let's try to be nice. :D
  4. RealBeast said:
    That's just an opinion piece


    Dont think there are any facts in this situation? its all guess/estimate/conjecture?

    And always nice (wel... almost always...some really do try my patience). No harm in some gentle ribbing ;)

    Cheers
  5. yoji said:
    Dont think there are any facts in this situation? its all guess/estimate/conjecture?

    And always nice (wel... almost always...some really do try my patience). No harm in some gentle ribbing ;)

    Cheers

    No, there certainly are facts but they will get spin from WD/SG to keep prices as high as possible as long as possible.

    I don't blame them though since they are in a commodity industry, but hey we gotta worry about us not them -- if they want to make more let them innovate. :bounce:
  6. RealBeast said:
    No, there certainly are facts but they will get spin from WD/SG to keep prices as high as possible as long as possible.


    Thats Ture... but they also playing that game amongst themselves... so no-one has the full Facts.... so we are back to guess/estimate/conjecture ;)

    Cheers
  7. Try ebay. I saw some SATA drives fairly reasonable on there while looking for SAS drives.
Ask a new question

Read More

Hard Drives Storage Product