When will hard drive prices normalize ???

MrWolf

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2011
I really need to buy a new hard drive,but these prices really piss me off,so when will the market recover,any hints or information out there ???

RealBeast

Titan
Likely later this year, too late for you since you need one now -- but there are frequent sales on specific models so watch for them at Newegg and other online retailers. If you need a big storage drive 3tb 7200 rpm for $170 take the drive out of this external, which was a good price before the flooding in Thailand.

RealBeast

Titan

That's just an opinion piece, who really know when the manipulators will have to let prices fall to sell their wares, only time will tell. Personally, I need another 8 3tb drives for an array, but I can wait so I will. Let's try to be nice. :D

Dont think there are any facts in this situation? its all guess/estimate/conjecture?

And always nice (wel... almost always...some really do try my patience). No harm in some gentle ribbing ;)

Cheers

RealBeast

Titan

No, there certainly are facts but they will get spin from WD/SG to keep prices as high as possible as long as possible.

I don't blame them though since they are in a commodity industry, but hey we gotta worry about us not them -- if they want to make more let them innovate. :bounce:

Thats Ture... but they also playing that game amongst themselves... so no-one has the full Facts.... so we are back to guess/estimate/conjecture ;)

Cheers