stridervm

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2008
It's.... Pretty sucky. Of course when compared to the best video card right now.

What are your friends computer specs? And the games your friend wants to play? And settings? More information would be REALLY helpful.

^ I think the chart is a little off at the lower end, but not really by enough for anyone to care ^_^.

Anyway, the 4350 is mainly good for older games. Some versions have GDDR3, while others have much slower DDR2 (not GDDR2, just DDR2). With 1400 GDDR3 it's about as capable as an old 7600 or 6800 series card. It's fine for less demanding games, but I wouldn't try playing Crysis or anything on it :D. Playing newer games on the 4350, even with GDDR3, will have to be done at the lowest settings.

It would be kinda cool if toms would open the old hardware vaults, install XP and go to town.
Spend a few moths benchmarking every card on the exact same motherboard, OS and CPU.
That would give us a real chart there :D

+1 Well put.

Well you can toss in 3D rendering and high end graphic design on that exceptions list, but we won't go into that. You will want a workstation card for those thing and are out of my league as well as most of us except those in that business.

steve sr1

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2010
Thanks for all the help.

He's mostly going to play driving games. It's actually his first desktop, so he's not building one. He's buying a Dell™ Inspiron Desktop 560s (S241203IN8).

NO!!!!!! do not buy a slimline PC, an HD4350 is all the video card that can take captain! Driving games can be quite demanding in the graphics department. I have Dirt2 and with DX11 it puts a hurting on my 5870. I would HIGHLY HIGHLY advise you to get a standard tower so that you can always upgrade the power supply and video card if you need. MANY people come to this site with slimline cases and end up regretting their purchase because no one makes slimeline gaming cards or powersupplies.

anonymousdude

Distinguished
I wouldn't cut down anything as it is a very good for the price. If you had to you could drop to a dual core proc and maybe if you have a dvd drive laying around give it to your friend.

TRENDING THREADS