How to manage windows xp firewall via domain group policy

Hi!

I was searching on microsoft web site about managing xp sp2 windows firewall
via domain group policy but i couldn't understand something.
In order to set firewall settings in 2000 or 2003 domain controller should i
have first copy the system.adm administrative template from windows xp
\systemroot\inf location to 2003 or 2000 server \systemroot\inf
location????
Or should i download from microsoft web site???
1 answer Last reply
More about manage windows firewall domain group policy

    Nick.V. wrote:

    > Hi!
    >
    > I was searching on microsoft web site about managing xp sp2 windows firewall
    > via domain group policy but i couldn't understand something.
    > In order to set firewall settings in 2000 or 2003 domain controller should i
    > have first copy the system.adm administrative template from windows xp
    > \systemroot\inf location to 2003 or 2000 server \systemroot\inf
    > location????
    > Or should i download from microsoft web site???
    Hi

    You can copy them from a WinXP SP2 computer, or you can download
    them from Microsoft's web site, both will be the same.

    You can download the new WinXP SP2 adm files from here:

    http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=31057

    Managing Windows XP Service Pack 2 Features Using Group Policy
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/winxppro/maintain/mangxpsp2/mngintro.mspx

    If you want to configure the SP2 firewall:

    Take a look at WF_XPSP2.doc "Deploying Windows Firewall Settings for
    Microsoft Windows XP with Service Pack 2", it is downloadable from
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=4454e0e1-61fa-447a-bdcd-499f73a637d1

    More about the WinXP SP2 .ADM files:

    From: Mark Williams [MSFT] (markwill@online.microsoft.com)
    Subject: Important information about XP SP2 .ADM Files
    http://groups.google.com/groups?threadm=%233iFY5jfEHA.596%40TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl

    From: Mark Williams [MSFT] (markwill@online.microsoft.com)
    Subject: XP SP2 ADM File-Related Fixes Available From PSS
    http://groups.google.com/groups?threadm=utTaMLwfEHA.2592%40tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl

    From: Mark Williams [MSFT] (markwill@online.microsoft.com)
    Subject: XP SP2 Version of Group Policy Reference Spreadsheet available
    http://groups.google.com/groups?threadm=%23bTLC%23jfEHA.3676%40TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl

    (I see that the spreadsheet referenced to in the link above does not
    include the new entries in the WUAU.adm file)

    the 1328 page Scripting Guide:

Configuration Policy Domain Windows XP Firewalls Microsoft