3 monitors output

G

hi there guys !
would love to get some information please:
my problem is as followed:
back when i used xp - i had 3 monitors connected to my computer,
2 vga ports on a pci express card and one vga port from an old pci display card.
now wehn i run windows 7 the old ati card is not recognized by the system..

is there any pci express display card which is not too expensive that has 3 monitors output inside ?
would love to get ur comments on this one cause i must use my thirs monitor.
i found one at ati's web site that has 2 dvi outputs and one hdmi,
the question is can i use the hdmi to view my third monitor with a convertor from hdmi to vga or so ??

please help guys,
send me model numbers and some info.

thanx in advanced !

hallowed_dragon

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
hi there guys !
would love to get some information please:
my problem is as followed:
back when i used xp - i had 3 monitors connected to my computer,
2 vga ports on a pci express card and one vga port from an old pci display card.
now wehn i run windows 7 the old ati card is not recognized by the system..

is there any pci express display card which is not too expensive that has 3 monitors output inside ?
would love to get ur comments on this one cause i must use my thirs monitor.
i found one at ati's web site that has 2 dvi outputs and one hdmi,
the question is can i use the hdmi to view my third monitor with a convertor from hdmi to vga or so ??

please help guys,
send me model numbers and some info.

thanx in advanced !

No you can't. The HDMI is on the same connectivity path as one DVI. So you can use one or the other meaning although the card has 3 connectors, only 2 can be used at the same time. For your need I suggest buying 2 inexpensive cards and use their outputs.
Currently there is the Eyefinity solution, but that means you have to connect a monitor through DisplayPort and if your monitor doesn't have native DP then you need to use an expensive 90$+ active adapter. That + the card will cost you more than 2 other inexpensive cards with 2 outputs each.