I have a cooler master haf 922 case. My mobo is a GA P55A UD3. I noticed that there is no connection for the IEEE 1394 cable (red cable) that comes from my case. I have a couple of questions about this one.
1. How do I resolve this problem? Do I need to buy something so that I would be able to make use of the e-sata port located in front of the case?
2. Do I plug the front usb cables on the port that says usb_1 and usb_2?
1. Firewire is pretty much obsolete and will be fading away just like floppy disk connectors, power reset switches, and internal speakers on motherboards. In addition VGA and DVI ports will eventually disappear. The new displayport standard has been adopted for video cards.
2. Front panel USB cables are plugged into the USB ports on the motherboard. The USB ports are usually, but not always, located at the bottom front of the motherboard.
3. Check your motherboard manual for the location of any external SATA connectors. Manufacturers don't always put them in the same location.