Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Replay control of H10.. Ir code ??

Last response: in Home Theatre
Share
Anonymous
May 3, 2005 11:32:02 AM

Archived from groups: alt.video.ptv.replaytv (More info?)

I have been unable to get a replay 5080 to control a DIrectv H10.. No
serial setting or ir code seems to work.. HAs anyine got a way to get this
to work or an appropriate ir code.. Thanks
Anonymous
May 4, 2005 6:56:14 AM

Archived from groups: alt.video.ptv.replaytv (More info?)

Rory Orkin <rorynospam@fast.net> wrote:

> I have been unable to get a replay 5080 to control a DIrectv H10.. No
> serial setting or ir code seems to work.. HAs anyine got a way to get
> this to work or an appropriate ir code.. Thanks

Are you sure you've got the right type of serial cable? There's regular
and Null Modem. If you can test continuity, make sure that pin 2 on the
connector at one end connects to pin 3 on the connector at the other end.


--
Jeff

===================================================================
NOTE: Remove underscores from my e-mail address to reply personally.
Anonymous
May 4, 2005 1:56:38 PM

Archived from groups: alt.video.ptv.replaytv (More info?)

Rory Orkin wrote:
> I have been unable to get a replay 5080 to control a DIrectv H10.. No
> serial setting or ir code seems to work.. HAs anyine got a way to get this
> to work or an appropriate ir code.. Thanks

What model H10? The -200 and -300 are not compatible. There are many
threads on this on the avsforum.com.
Related resources
Anonymous
May 4, 2005 9:23:43 PM

Archived from groups: alt.video.ptv.replaytv (More info?)

Tony D <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in
news:kZidnXEr6ZwLSeXfRVn-ug@comcast.com:

> Rory Orkin wrote:
>> I have been unable to get a replay 5080 to control a DIrectv H10.. No
>> serial setting or ir code seems to work.. HAs anyine got a way to get
>> this to work or an appropriate ir code.. Thanks
>
> What model H10? The -200 and -300 are not compatible. There are many
> threads on this on the avsforum.com.
>

It is the 200... I have not found a thread that resolves the issue which is
why I posted here.. IF you can direct me to a thread that does I would
appreciate it
Anonymous
May 4, 2005 9:24:48 PM

Archived from groups: alt.video.ptv.replaytv (More info?)

Jeff Lindstrom <j_r_lind@adelphia.net> wrote in
news:Xns964C9A5AA7A5jeffsmessages@216.196.97.142:

> Rory Orkin <rorynospam@fast.net> wrote:
>
>> I have been unable to get a replay 5080 to control a DIrectv H10.. No
>> serial setting or ir code seems to work.. HAs anyine got a way to get
>> this to work or an appropriate ir code.. Thanks
>
> Are you sure you've got the right type of serial cable? There's
> regular
> and Null Modem. If you can test continuity, make sure that pin 2 on
> the connector at one end connects to pin 3 on the connector at the
> other end.
>
>

It is the same serial cable that works with my standard def rca receiver
Anonymous
May 5, 2005 12:23:52 AM

Archived from groups: alt.video.ptv.replaytv (More info?)

Rory Orkin wrote:
> Tony D <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in
> news:kZidnXEr6ZwLSeXfRVn-ug@comcast.com:
>
>
>>Rory Orkin wrote:
>>
>>>I have been unable to get a replay 5080 to control a DIrectv H10.. No
>>>serial setting or ir code seems to work.. HAs anyine got a way to get
>>>this to work or an appropriate ir code.. Thanks
>>
>>What model H10? The -200 and -300 are not compatible. There are many
>>threads on this on the avsforum.com.
>>
>
>
> It is the 200... I have not found a thread that resolves the issue which is
> why I posted here.. IF you can direct me to a thread that does I would
> appreciate it

Like I said, they don't work. You get rid of the D10 and get older units
or Hughes. Direct gives credits toward buying your own when you send
those back.
Anonymous
May 5, 2005 7:45:09 AM

Archived from groups: alt.video.ptv.replaytv (More info?)

Rory Orkin <rorynospam@fast.net> wrote:

> Jeff Lindstrom <j_r_lind@adelphia.net> wrote in
> news:Xns964C9A5AA7A5jeffsmessages@216.196.97.142:
>
>> Rory Orkin <rorynospam@fast.net> wrote:
>>
>>> I have been unable to get a replay 5080 to control a DIrectv H10.. No
>>> serial setting or ir code seems to work..

>> Are you sure you've got the right type of serial cable? There's
>> regular
>> and Null Modem. If you can test continuity, make sure that pin 2 on
>> the connector at one end connects to pin 3 on the connector at the
>> other end.

> It is the same serial cable that works with my standard def rca receiver

Well, all right, then. Good to know (finally).

If the cable you have works with another box but not this one, then I
would check the box (or the pins on the cable connector to make sure
they're not bent or broken).


--
Jeff

===================================================================
NOTE: Remove underscores from my e-mail address to reply personally.
!