6Gb/s hdd for ASUS motherboard ?

bradthelad3000

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2012
Lads, I have a brand spanking new P8P67-M Pro which boasts on the box (and on the board itself) that it supports 6Gig sata, but Ive no clue (and cant really find) a drive to plug into this baby to take advantage.
I'd like to squeeze all I can out of this board so any further tips also appreciated.
Ive had a look and cant find a hdd or any other device to plug into this awesome-sounding sata port. Cheers all.

Solution
There is really no point in getting a SATA 3 HDD. A SATA 3 HDD will not even use the bandwidth available on SATA 2 (3Gbps or about 270MBps after overhead) only some HDD’s will saturate SATA 1. Get a SATA 3 SSD or Keep the hard drive you have.
There is really no point in getting a SATA 3 HDD. A SATA 3 HDD will not even use the bandwidth available on SATA 2 (3Gbps or about 270MBps after overhead) only some HDD’s will saturate SATA 1. Get a SATA 3 SSD or Keep the hard drive you have.

Solution

bradthelad3000

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2012
Thanks guys. Ok then so SATA II will do the job. I just have this need to plug something into that plus that says "I am the amazing 6gb/s option on your motherboard". Im in Singapore and Australia each month, so have been looking on Techbuy mostly for the right unit. Sounds like a SATA III port is actually a bit of a waste then ? Is there any other device is can plug into this baby ??