OC'ing a 1055t on what seems to be a limited BIOS?

JLiRD808

Honorable
Feb 20, 2012
I got my 1055t up from 2.8 to 3.28 just by increasing the CPU FSB frequency. However, I think my BIOS functions are limited :(

I can increase the FSB freq but not the NB ratio/frequency. The BIOS is the American Megatrends V1.08. Here's the mobo specs:

MSI Global – Mainboard - K9N2GM-FIH]MSI Global – Mainboard - K9N2GM-FIH

Here was one of the easier to read tuts for the 1055t in an MSI BIOS. I dont have any of that options regarding NB frequency/ratio. I cant even see my NB frequency! It's also a "light" tutorial, so he doesn't even go into increasing voltage.

http://www.kitguru.net/components/cpu/zardon/overclocking-the-amd-1055t-3700mhz-out-of-the-box/2/

I'm kind of a beginner/intermediate OC'er so if I sound dumb, I apologize. This is only my 2nd CPU I've tried to unlock. My first was a BE, so all I had to do was increase the multiplier.

Do I just need a mobo with a better BIOS for OC'ing? Can I bring this up some more safely or just leave it at 3.28?

THANKS!!! :pt1cable:

Solution
yes .. get good mobo Chipset min 880 / 890/ 970 /990 for oc it , if you don't plan upgrade .. try drop your RAM ratio and raise FSB , drop HTlink too .. i never oc 1055T use DDR2 :D