Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

memory supported by Gigabyte GA-P35C-DS3R

Last response: in Memory
Share
September 16, 2010 11:31:57 PM

My board is : Gigabyte GA-P35C-DS3R.
And now I wanna upgrade my memory to 8G. But I am confused what kind of memory I should buy.
Should I buy 4X2G 240-pin DDR2-800 (PC2-6400)?
But from here:http://reviews.cnet.com/motherboards/gigabyte-ga-p35c-d...
--------------------------------
# RAM Supported
PC2-6400 - 4.0 GB ,
PC2-5300 - 8.0 GB ,
PC2-8500 - 8.0 GB ,
PC3-10666 - 4.0 GB ,
PC3-6400 - 8.0 GB ,
PC3-8500 - 4.0 GB
---------------------------------
which says GA-P35C-DS3R can only support 4G PC2-6400 memory? Am I understanding right?


Thanks a lot.
It will be more greatly appreciated if you can tell me what kind of memory I should buy.
September 17, 2010 12:55:33 AM

If you want the best, you should get 4GB DDR3 1066. It seems only two of your four slots can support DDR3 (which I've never seen before), but 4GB is sufficient. It would be best to get 4GB of DDR3 as the increase in performance from doubling memory to 8GB DDR3 from 4GB DDR3 is marginal, even on intense tasks. I am pretty sure 8GB DDR2 1066 wouldn't perform as good as 4GB of DDR3 rated at the same speed.

I would buy this:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
m
0
l
September 17, 2010 2:58:50 AM

jsphdickens said:
If you want the best, you should get 4GB DDR3 1066. It seems only two of your four slots can support DDR3 (which I've never seen before), but 4GB is sufficient. It would be best to get 4GB of DDR3 as the increase in performance from doubling memory to 8GB DDR3 from 4GB DDR3 is marginal, even on intense tasks. I am pretty sure 8GB DDR2 1066 wouldn't perform as good as 4GB of DDR3 rated at the same speed.

I would buy this:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...


thanks for your reply. But I want more memory, not fast memory speed. That is why I want 8G memory.
Can you give me another option for 8G memory?

Thanks so much.

m
0
l
Related resources
January 3, 2011 12:46:51 PM

gepolv said:
thanks for your reply. But I want more memory, not fast memory speed. That is why I want 8G memory.
Can you give me another option for 8G memory?

Thanks so much.



Hi gepolv - did you find an answer for this?

I've got the same board, and I'm wondering if that 4G limitation on DDR3 is still valid. There wasn't much DDR3 around when the P35C-DS3R was manufactured. Maybe it just wasn't an option because no-one was making 4G sticks of DDR3!

Did you ever try yours with 8G (2x4) of DDR3 ?

m
0
l
January 27, 2011 5:52:49 AM

brian_damage said:
Hi gepolv - did you find an answer for this?

I've got the same board, and I'm wondering if that 4G limitation on DDR3 is still valid. There wasn't much DDR3 around when the P35C-DS3R was manufactured. Maybe it just wasn't an option because no-one was making 4G sticks of DDR3!

Did you ever try yours with 8G (2x4) of DDR3 ?


Did you ever get an answer for this? I do have the same mobo and im looking forward to get 2x4GB DDR3 modules... will they work?
m
0
l
February 8, 2011 8:17:15 PM

No - I didn't get an answer, but I tried it anyway and it works.

m
0
l
March 4, 2011 12:03:45 PM

i have a Q9505 and GA-EP35C-DS3R

G.SKILL Ripjaws 8 GB (2X 4GB) DDR3 1333 MHZ RAM CL9 (Low Voltage - 1.5V)

thinking of buying this.

is it good choice ?
m
0
l
!