Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Closed

Computer build

Tags:
  • Build
  • Computer
  • Systems
  • Product
Last response: in Systems
Share
February 9, 2010 12:12:13 AM

I am looking to buy a $700 pc build i need a computer capable of playing crysis on high graphics, WOW, alot of steam games on any graphic setting. I already have a 17 in monitor and keyboard and mouse speakers. all i need is the tower and everything ill need inside which means a good air flow a couple of fans NO WATERCOOLING. I am willing to spend a little more than 700 if i have to

More about : computer build

February 9, 2010 12:46:56 AM

Here is a quick build for you

DVD Burner- Get the cheapest you can find http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspxItem=N82E1682...

Case- Antec 300 illusion-plenty of cooling
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspxItem=N82E1681...

Hard Drive- Samsung F3- best 500gb hard drive out there http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspxItem=N82E1682...

Memory- 4gb of a-data gaming series- cheap, good reviews
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Processor- Amd athlon x4 620- 4 cores for $100 bucks!(swap it out if necessary with the x2 550 to save some cash)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Motherboard/OS- Asus M4A77TD- good reviews, nice and cheap
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?Ite...

Graphics Card/ PSU- Ati 5770 & OCZ modxstream pro 700w- The 5770 should be able to max out just about any game on a 17 inch monitor(Might have to turn down a few settings on crysis), and the modxstream pro is a cheap, decent and modular powersupply.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?Ite...

Total cost W/O rebates= $775
Total cost W/ rebates = $712

You could add an aftermarket heatsink for $25 bucks or so.

Tell me what you think.
Score
0
February 9, 2010 1:02:56 AM

^+1...

It is a good budget minded build listed. I would look to add the Cooler Master Hyper 212+ HSF for better CPU cooling. It should allow for an easy overclock to 3.2GHz with that cooler.
Score
0
Related resources
February 9, 2010 3:17:53 PM

Gmoney39513 said:
Here is a quick build for you

DVD Burner- Get the cheapest you can find http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspxItem=N82E1682...

Case- Antec 300 illusion-plenty of cooling
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspxItem=N82E1681...

Hard Drive- Samsung F3- best 500gb hard drive out there http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspxItem=N82E1682...

Memory- 4gb of a-data gaming series- cheap, good reviews
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Processor- Amd athlon x4 620- 4 cores for $100 bucks!(swap it out if necessary with the x2 550 to save some cash)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Motherboard/OS- Asus M4A77TD- good reviews, nice and cheap
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?Ite...

Graphics Card/ PSU- Ati 5770 & OCZ modxstream pro 700w- The 5770 should be able to max out just about any game on a 17 inch monitor(Might have to turn down a few settings on crysis), and the modxstream pro is a cheap, decent and modular powersupply.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?Ite...

Total cost W/O rebates= $775
Total cost W/ rebates = $712

You could add an aftermarket heatsink for $25 bucks or so.

Tell me what you think.


i think its great it seems fine and im probly gonna go for it actually i am going for it but keep in mind i am new at this so i need a specific heat sink to buy because i wouldnt know which one to buy and also does the antec 300 have the fans built in?? I really appreciate your help
Score
0
February 9, 2010 3:21:27 PM

The Antec 300 Illusion comes with all the required fans, so no additional fans are required.

I would recommend this HSF... Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus
Score
0
February 9, 2010 5:30:37 PM

Thanks for the suggestion Tecmo. That's a good heatsink, but you may want to also check out the Sunbeam CCF- sorry couldn't get a link because Newegg is acting very weird, anyone else experiencing this?

If your new to this, overclocking the x4 620 might not be the best idea(although it is still very doable with research), as it is not a black edition
http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/athlon2_620/3.h...
Read this article! If you want to give it a go. The x2 550 is still a very viable option as it has the better gaming performanceand is more overclockable then the x4 620(due to it being a black edition) but you sacrifice 2 cores for some L3 cache.

Anyways both are decent, with the Hyper 212 getting better reviews, and the CCF being a bit cheaper w/ the $15 rebate. I have not actually had either so if someone with personal experience could help him out? It seems like the hyper 212 is the safer bet though.

Remember if you going with the Hyper to get some thermal paste like Artic silver 5 or TX-2.

And yes the Antec 300 illusion has more than adequate cooling, some $100 cases have worse cooling.

Let me Know how the build goes.
Score
0
February 9, 2010 6:02:56 PM

Gmoney39513 said:
Thanks for the suggestion Tecmo. That's a good heatsink, but you may want to also check out the Sunbeam CCF- sorry couldn't get a link because Newegg is acting very weird, anyone else experiencing this?

If your new to this, overclocking the x4 620 might not be the best idea(although it is still very doable with research), as it is not a black edition
http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/athlon2_620/3.h...
Read this article! If you want to give it a go. The x2 550 is still a very viable option as it has the better gaming performanceand is more overclockable then the x4 620(due to it being a black edition) but you sacrifice 2 cores for some L3 cache.

Anyways both are decent, with the Hyper 212 getting better reviews, and the CCF being a bit cheaper w/ the $15 rebate. I have not actually had either so if someone with personal experience could help him out? It seems like the hyper 212 is the safer bet though.

Remember if you going with the Hyper to get some thermal paste like Artic silver 5 or TX-2.

And yes the Antec 300 illusion has more than adequate cooling, some $100 cases have worse cooling.

Let me Know how the build goes.


like i said im new at this so do i have to overclock? will i still be able to play my games without overclocking? like steam games and crysis
Score
0
February 9, 2010 6:16:46 PM

oh and about the 17 in monitor if i upgrade will that effect anything like if i get a bigger screen and if its like hd or something will i need to change parts for a new monitor? Oh and if i get surround sound will i need a sound card?
Score
0
February 9, 2010 6:18:41 PM

Quote:
Once you get it together you can play with overclocking and yes you will want to because you can easily get 3.5ghz from that budget cpu.

The 212+ is a good suggestion, cools better and is half the size of the Sunbeam CCF.

Antec 300 is awesome case with awesome fans you can set to low,med, or high.
also has bottom mounted psu. (Not included)

He didn't list a power supply in the build.

well see i am new to this so why will i want to overclock what does 3.5 ghz do and if i dont overclock can i still play crisis and steam games etc.. in good quality
Score
0
February 9, 2010 6:20:24 PM

like will this system be able to play online games really good?
Score
0
February 9, 2010 6:49:46 PM

I'm glad to see that you are getting help. I didn't know if you would take my advice about creating an account on this site or not lol. I think I can give some input now.

First, do you know the resolution of your monitor? 1440x900 or 1680x1050 I would think.

I agree with Zipzoom. I would go ahead and get the quad-core processor. You don't HAVE to overclock, but once you learn the ins and outs of your pc I think you will definitely want to. At that point you will probably also want to consider an upgraded CPU cooler so that you can keep your temperatures lower on the overclocked CPU.

The quad-core should give a bit more longevity to your platform and allow you to make a video card upgrade before having to make a processor/mobo upgrade.

The case also seems to be a good option for you. It is a great budget case, but has aggressive looks that will show your pc as a "gaming pc".

The power supply+video card combo is a pretty good deal. But keep in mind that the combination is a temporary deal so if it is something you wanted you would have to buy it rather quick. The motherboard/OS also falls under that category.

Like previously stated, the 5770 will not be able to max out Crysis. But that's not something you find in $700 pc's. It is a great card nonetheless. Another thing that probably doesn't really concern you is that I don't think that particular motherboard supports Crossfire (multiple video cards). However, this is a budget build so that's probably ok. It just means that when you start to feel like the 5770 is lacking, you have to go buy a better video card.

Hope this helps. If anything, hang around these forums, read some of the stickies and how-to guides, and read other peoples threads (just don't try to jack them). A little over a year ago I was just like you in that i really didn't know anything about building computers. After doing a lot of reading/research on this site I know a WHOLE lot more than I used to. Look to these other guys and gals for help though as they have much more experience than I.

Good luck, and I will keep posting any other suggestions that I can.
Score
0
February 9, 2010 6:50:27 PM

dbx said:
oh and about the 17 in monitor if i upgrade will that effect anything like if i get a bigger screen and if its like hd or something will i need to change parts for a new monitor? Oh and if i get surround sound will i need a sound card?



The size of the screen does not matter. It is the resolution of the screen that matters.


Score
0
February 9, 2010 7:00:56 PM

Overclocking is basically when you make your CPU or video card run faster/hotter. It is completely free and fairly simple as long as you are cautious.

Another rule of thumb is to google terms that you do not know or understand. As pointed out by the recent Super Bowl commercial, Google can be your best friend. It helped me out a LOT when I was trying to figure some of this stuff out. When you understand the terminology, you can communicate faster with the other members of this site.

Once again, good luck.
Score
0
February 9, 2010 7:13:28 PM

i knew what overclocking meant i was just wandering if this build was able to play my games without overclocking because id rather not melt anything in the pc. oh and im still not getting any response on if i would be able to get a bigger screen without having to replace any parts in the computer and if i need a sound card to have surround sound?
Score
0
February 9, 2010 7:33:02 PM

dbx said:
i knew what overclocking meant i was just wandering if this build was able to play my games without overclocking because id rather not melt anything in the pc. oh and im still not getting any response on if i would be able to get a bigger screen without having to replace any parts in the computer and if i need a sound card to have surround sound?


As far as the surround sound goes, I'm pretty sure you would not need a discrete sound card. Your motherboard will have an integrated sound card with it. The motherboard that has been suggested to you comes with 8-channel audio. If you look at the pictures of that motherboard you can see the different audio connections. As far as getting your pc connected to a surround sound system, I don't know know how that is done but I am sure someone else does. In short, no I do not think you need a different sound card.

About overclocking, don't worry you definitely won't melt anything. As you are new to this, I would recommend not changing any voltage settings at first. 3.5 GHz will not melt your computer. You will definitely be able to play your games without overclocking, but at the same time if you want to get better performance and or better quality then you should consider overclocking.

Like already stated, the size of your screen does not matter. Only the resolution does. And the only component you might want to change (but not have to) would be the video card. The higher your monitor resolution, the more graphics power you will need to run games with full details. Only you can decide if you want/need the extra graphical settings. Decisions like those are user-based. We cannot tell you if you are going to want to be able to run games at higher settings. Only you can make that decision. With that said, we can give advice as to what you can expect out of a certain piece of hardware and give suggestions on which hardware to get.

Does any of that make sense?

Try not to be impatient on these forums. I would say that most users on here are working during the day, so your responses may be limited. But eventually someone will probably answer.
Score
0
February 9, 2010 10:42:52 PM

Quote:
Once you get it together you can play with overclocking and yes you will want to because you can easily get 3.5ghz from that budget cpu.

The 212+ is a good suggestion, cools better and is half the size of the Sunbeam CCF.

Antec 300 is awesome case with awesome fans you can set to low,med, or high.
also has bottom mounted psu.


Thanks for the info regarding the 2 heatsinks as I aswell am building a gaming pc of my own and couldn't decide between them.
Score
0
February 10, 2010 2:17:03 PM

so how do you tell which graphics card goes with a monitor is there a thing on the card that tells you it goes with a certain type of resolution
Score
0
February 10, 2010 5:01:56 PM

dbx said:
so how do you tell which graphics card goes with a monitor is there a thing on the card that tells you it goes with a certain type of resolution

Just an observation, it seems you need to do quite a bit more research.
Look around in the forums, read articles, benchmarks and reviews, and read those links touchdowntexas gave you. Trust me the more research you do the easier your build will go. You will also get more bang for your buck as well as quality parts.
Score
0
February 10, 2010 5:53:26 PM

touchdowntexas13 said:
No. You can take an extremely cheap video card and it will display 1920x1080 resolution just fine. But games will run slow when a weak graphics card tries to game at high resolution.

Instead of dancing in circles, why don't you just tell us what resolution you plan on playing at. Take a look at these links.

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/273518-31-homebuilt-b...

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/best-gaming-graphic...


the graphics card that they listed for me is a good one right? it will not be crappy with my games? oh and i dont know what monitor i want yet or size but isnt there a simple way to just tell me how to figure out how you tell what kind of resolution goes with a card. everytime i look at a card it doesnt tell me what resolution it goes with is that normal?? or is there some math you have to do with the numbers it lists please tell me so in the future i can buy a monitor and graphics card and actually know what im doing...

On the other hand just out of the random how do you tell what kind of power supply you need like i have noticed in my recent searching that when i look at a part it never tells me what wattage it would take to run so how do you figure this out. for example is it like graphics cards all take the same amount of wattage or are they all different. this is just something in case i want to buy another computer after this. because im getting down to my final questions before i buy this pc u guys have reccomended to me. i know i have asked alot of questions but the only reason is is because i want this pc to last me a while so i can play most of my games with no lag online and whatsoever. I really appreciate the help... PLEASE answer all of the questions in these 2 paragraphs(not trying to be an ass) but i want to order this before the deals go away
Score
0
February 10, 2010 6:51:15 PM

Read the second link. It tells you what resolution you can expect each video card to comfortably handle games. The 5770 is one of the video cards listed. I feel like I am repeating myself in that THERE IS NO PARTICULAR RESOLUTION for a certain card. Did you even read my other post?

I will straight up tell you that the 5770 is fine for the games you want to play. NONE of them are really that graphically challenging, except Crysis, and you should never expect to play Crysis on full settings with a $700 pc. The second post had already told you that the 5770 was fine for you. I don't know where all of this repetition is coming from.

If you had even TRIED to use Google, you would have found that there are power supply calculators that can give you a rough estimate of the power you need. I'm just going to flat out tell you that your current build will be fine with the OCZ 700W PSU. If you want something a bit more future-proof, I really like the Corsair 750 TX PSU's.

You say you want this computer to last you a while, but this is a budget build. You will eventually have to sacrifice graphical quality in order to save money. That's a given. You also say you want to order these parts before the deals go away. Well I guess you better start surfing the web quickly trying to find out as much info as possible so that you can feel comfortable buying these parts.

Now that's all the help I will give. I refuse to give any more help until you try to help yourself. There is no reason that all of this information must be spoon-fed. During the time that you are waiting for someone to respond, you could be on Google trying to learn more about pc parts, or on this very site.

I agree with Gmoney about the fact that you need to do more research yourself. How can you expect to put a pc together when you don't even know basic information on the parts? I'm not trying to be hard on you, but the hard truth is that you have a lot to learn, and you need to put a whole lot more effort into researching instead of asking questions.
Score
0
February 10, 2010 7:19:04 PM

[/quote]
dbx said:
the graphics card that they listed for me is a good one right? it will not be crappy with my games? oh and i dont know what monitor i want yet or size but isnt there a simple way to just tell me how to figure out how you tell what kind of resolution goes with a card. everytime i look at a card it doesnt tell me what resolution it goes with is that normal?? or is there some math you have to do with the numbers it lists please tell me so in the future i can buy a monitor and graphics card and actually know what im doing...

On the other hand just out of the random how do you tell what kind of power supply you need like i have noticed in my recent searching that when i look at a part it never tells me what wattage it would take to run so how do you figure this out. for example is it like graphics cards all take the same amount of wattage or are they all different. this is just something in case i want to buy another computer after this. because im getting down to my final questions before i buy this pc u guys have reccomended to me. i know i have asked alot of questions but the only reason is is because i want this pc to last me a while so i can play most of my games with no lag online and whatsoever. I really appreciate the help... PLEASE answer all of the questions in these 2 paragraphs(not trying to be an ass) but i want to order this before the deals go away



Quote:
No. You can take an extremely cheap video card and it will display 1920x1080 resolution just fine. But games will run slow when a weak graphics card tries to game at high resolution.


Listening skills, EVERYONE PRAY FOR POOR DBX'S SOUL! :kaola: 
Touchdowntexas is right, we can't help you if you refuse to help yourself(aka use google). To be honest these deals aren't that good compared to the ones in January(and the ones i'm expecting in March). So i suggest you get off your butt do some research on pc parts and how to build pc's and come back to newegg a month from now and make an informative purchase you will feel happy about. $700 bucks is an s*** load of money that you can't afford to waste in this economy :non: 
Score
0
February 10, 2010 7:24:40 PM

Quote:
On the other hand just out of the random how do you tell what kind of power supply you need like i have noticed in my recent searching that when i look at a part it never tells me what wattage it would take to run so how do you figure this out. for example is it like graphics cards all take the same amount of wattage or are they all different. this is just something in case i want to buy another computer after this. because im getting down to my final questions before i buy this pc u guys have reccomended to me.


Best way to figure out how big your PSU needs to be is to enter in all of your components for your planned build into the appropriate boxes in this calculator... eXtreme Power Supply Calculator Lite v2.5. After you hit the calculate button, it'll tell you what your system should require for a PSU. I typically round up to the nearest greater PSU for safety.
Score
0
February 10, 2010 7:38:16 PM

tecmo34 said:
Quote:
On the other hand just out of the random how do you tell what kind of power supply you need like i have noticed in my recent searching that when i look at a part it never tells me what wattage it would take to run so how do you figure this out. for example is it like graphics cards all take the same amount of wattage or are they all different. this is just something in case i want to buy another computer after this. because im getting down to my final questions before i buy this pc u guys have reccomended to me.


Best way to figure out how big your PSU needs to be is to enter in all of your components for your planned build into the appropriate boxes in this calculator... eXtreme Power Supply Calculator Lite v2.5. After you hit the calculate button, it'll tell you what your system should require for a PSU. I typically round up to the nearest greater PSU for safety.



How accurate is that calculator, or any calculator for that matter? I tried putting in an i5-750 platform with an HD 5850 at peak load, and it calculated only 356 Watts. However, I don't think I would ever put a 400 watt PSU into such a system. I was thinking 650W at the minimum. Is that overkill?

I'm not trying to jack dbx's thread. I'm just curious.
Score
0
February 10, 2010 9:14:46 PM

touchdowntexas13 said:
How accurate is that calculator, or any calculator for that matter? I tried putting in an i5-750 platform with an HD 5850 at peak load, and it calculated only 356 Watts. However, I don't think I would ever put a 400 watt PSU into such a system. I was thinking 650W at the minimum. Is that overkill?

I'm not trying to jack dbx's thread. I'm just curious.
.
550w minimum single card 700w minimum crossfire, at least thats what i would do. Picking a power supply is very difficult nowadays, the ocz modxstream pro's aren't very high quality but are about have the price of a corsair psu making them very tempting. If there was a $80 buck psu that could handle 2 ati 5850's i would jump on it.
Score
0
February 10, 2010 10:07:09 PM

Yeah. I was looking at the corsair 750-tx. Not that I would necessarily need that much power, but I would want the extra watts in case I ever CF'ed.

I'm looking at building an i5-750 rig this summer. That's why I'm curious. I'm also interested to see how this new unnamed card by ATI will perform. It was mentioned in the latest video card for the money article. It's supposed to be somewhere between a 5770 and a 5850. Right now I have a wishlist that includes a 5850, but that could change if the pricing/performance on this new card is awesome.
Score
0
February 11, 2010 1:35:31 AM

I believe it's going to be the 5830 and it will probably be released near the end of this month. Ati really need to fill the performance gap between the 5850 and 5770.
Score
0
February 11, 2010 1:47:03 AM

Ya, $160 and $300 is a bit of a steep difference...
Score
0
February 12, 2010 11:51:07 PM

touchdowntexas13 said:
Read the second link. It tells you what resolution you can expect each video card to comfortably handle games. The 5770 is one of the video cards listed. I feel like I am repeating myself in that THERE IS NO PARTICULAR RESOLUTION for a certain card. Did you even read my other post?

I will straight up tell you that the 5770 is fine for the games you want to play. NONE of them are really that graphically challenging, except Crysis, and you should never expect to play Crysis on full settings with a $700 pc. The second post had already told you that the 5770 was fine for you. I don't know where all of this repetition is coming from.

If you had even TRIED to use Google, you would have found that there are power supply calculators that can give you a rough estimate of the power you need. I'm just going to flat out tell you that your current build will be fine with the OCZ 700W PSU. If you want something a bit more future-proof, I really like the Corsair 750 TX PSU's.

You say you want this computer to last you a while, but this is a budget build. You will eventually have to sacrifice graphical quality in order to save money. That's a given. You also say you want to order these parts before the deals go away. Well I guess you better start surfing the web quickly trying to find out as much info as possible so that you can feel comfortable buying these parts.

Now that's all the help I will give. I refuse to give any more help until you try to help yourself. There is no reason that all of this information must be spoon-fed. During the time that you are waiting for someone to respond, you could be on Google trying to learn more about pc parts, or on this very site.

I agree with Gmoney about the fact that you need to do more research yourself. How can you expect to put a pc together when you don't even know basic information on the parts? I'm not trying to be hard on you, but the hard truth is that you have a lot to learn, and you need to put a whole lot more effort into researching instead of asking questions.


Thanks i ask nicely every time for help and you complain because i cant understand geek talk you never clearly stated that graphics cards have no resolution standard ok. Second this website is meant to ******* help you not just tell you go to ******* google and search up randomn *** that i already told you i am not a computer wiz i dont know anything except how to build it so...Third if your really sick of repeating yourself why did you respond to my dumb question? id really like to know but since you dont have any time on your hands thats fine :)  ASSHOLE!!!
Score
0
February 12, 2010 11:57:29 PM

Gmoney39513 said:



Quote:
No. You can take an extremely cheap video card and it will display 1920x1080 resolution just fine. But games will run slow when a weak graphics card tries to game at high resolution.


Listening skills, EVERYONE PRAY FOR POOR DBX'S SOUL! :kaola: 
Touchdowntexas is right, we can't help you if you refuse to help yourself(aka use google). To be honest these deals aren't that good compared to the ones in January(and the ones i'm expecting in March). So i suggest you get off your butt do some research on pc parts and how to build pc's and come back to newegg a month from now and make an informative purchase you will feel happy about. $700 bucks is an s*** load of money that you can't afford to waste in this economy :non: 
[/quote]

Ok dumbass first of all I cant run with my ******* computer to find parts really look at what ur ******* typing dude seriously "So i suggest you get off your butt do some research on pc parts" Come on you dumb or something. Second Ok ******* this website was apparently meant to help people not tell them ******* go on google and go fetch for yourself. AND COME ON IS THIS A JOKE "Listening skills, EVERYONE PRAY FOR POOR DBX'S SOUL" YOU need to use your listening skills you nerd ok i said at some point in this pathetic forum page I AM NEW AT THIS I DONT KNOW ALOT. how do you like my use of caps i got it from u :) 
Score
0
February 13, 2010 12:01:08 AM

Please feel free to PM me, if you still have questions and I'll try and help through PM's

Best of luck to you...
Score
0
February 13, 2010 12:14:18 AM

tecmo34 said:
Please feel free to PM me, if you still have questions and I'll try and help through PM's

Best of luck to you...


i got it but thanks anyway i appreciate you not wining like texas dude and gmoney
Score
0
February 13, 2010 2:49:30 AM

dbx said:
Thanks i ask nicely every time for help and you complain because i cant understand geek talk you never clearly stated that graphics cards have no resolution standard ok. Second this website is meant to ******* help you not just tell you go to ******* google and search up randomn *** that i already told you i am not a computer wiz i dont know anything except how to build it so...Third if your really sick of repeating yourself why did you respond to my dumb question? id really like to know but since you dont have any time on your hands thats fine :)  ASSHOLE!!!



Hahaha dude just listen to yourself, then maybe you can laugh about all of this. I like how you point out that you "ask nicely" every time. In fact, you do. And that is very good considering some of the ungratefulness that can come from forum members. However, your lack of trying is ten times worse than any of the absolute worst forum members on here. This is made more obvious by your poor attitude to the people that tried to help you.

Don't even try to say what this site is for. This site is meant to help people, not spoon feed information to people that aren't willing to try and help themselves. But you wouldn't know that, because I am the one who first brought you to this site to try and help your sorry butt. You are just too much of an ungrateful little twat to recognize all of the help that has been given while you sit at your computer thinking "oh, poor old me. i know nothing about computers and these guys want me to try and learn something for myself so I don't come across as a completely lazy idiot".

It's funny. You are like one of those people living on welfare. All they wanna do is keep taking the free handouts, but never try to pull themselves up on their own feet. I'm not even mad that I have wasted time trying to help you out. I simply pity you. That's all I can come up with.

You want to know why I repeat myself and try to answer your dumb questions? Because I was trying to help. But it's frustrating when the people on the other side think that everyone else owes them something and that they shouldn't have to put in any time.

It's funny, because looking back at your original youtube message I could really tell that you weren't serious about any of this. It was obvious that you just wanted someone to tell you what to get. But I thought I would give you the benefit of the doubt anyways. Well here you are, all of the information has been shoved down your throat, and you still don't understand any of it. You are complaining about us telling you to do some research, but only a complete moron would go off and spend $700 purely off the whims of an online forum. That is why you have to learn things for yourself, and this is why I pity you.

In my defense, I would like to make it clear that I had already answered your question about the video cards. It's not my fault that you suffer from a 3rd grade reading level.

You said "so how do you tell which graphics card goes with a monitor is there a thing on the card that tells you it goes with a certain type of resolution"

I said "No. You can take an extremely cheap video card and it will display 1920x1080 resolution just fine. But games will run slow when a weak graphics card tries to game at high resolution. "

I immediately answered your question. Starting with the word "No". Too hard for you to understand? Too "geeky" for you. Let me try saying it in Spanish, "No". Oh, it sounds the same. I guess you should have seen that. This is why Gmoney was joking at your poor listening skills.

And so at the end of this you just feel like an idiot. That's why you lash out at me and Gmoney and call me an asshole. Like I said, I pity you. I pity you because you think the world owes you something. I pity you because you are so ungrateful for all the help that has been given. Most of all, I pity you because you are a helpless child who needs to learn how to grow up.

So after all this, I am going to go out on a limb and say feel free to PM me if you need anything else. As much as I think you are undeserving of so much as a comment at this point, I would really feel bad if someone dropped $700 and had no idea what they were doing. I know you won't actually PM me, and if you did it would probably just be to call me an asshole. That is just a sad testament to your lack of maturity. But even so the offer is on the table.

Good luck.
Score
0
February 13, 2010 4:05:21 AM

Guys leave the insults out!

To the user that reported this thread to moderation, and you know who you are, your hands are not clean here either, you can always walk away, no one is making you respond.

This topic has been closed by 4ryan6
Score
0
!