Cant get asus p7p55d-e motherboard to post

JTurp

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
I am having a problem with a month old build still. I could not get the motherboard to steadily boot until the point where I could not get it to boot at all. I rma'd the motherboard and cpu as I simply could not figure out the problem. I just got the hardware back and I am having the same problem. I turn the switch on the psu on and the power supply lights up for a second and the fan spins and then all of a sudden it stops. The boot_device_led stays lit green which to me is saying it is on, in sleep mode, or softmode. When I press the power button/reset button on the case nothing happens. This is all the same problem as I had with the original hardware as well which is why I do not think it these devices are dead.

Here are the specs:
Asus P7P55D-E LGA 156 Intel P55 ATX Intel Motherboard
Intel Core i5-760 2.8Ghz Quad-core Processor
Rosewill Xtreme Series RX850-S-B 850W
Western Digital 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 6.0GB/s
ZOTAC ZT-96SES3P-FDL GeForce 9600 GSO 512MB 128-bit GDDR# PCI Express
G.Skill 2GB 240-Pin DDR3 1600 ((PC3 12800)
Cooler Master RC-690-KKN1 Mid Tower Computer Case
LG 22x DVD+-R DVD burner.

I am up for any suggestions as I am very frustrated this is happening with the second set of hardware. Are there any compatibility issues that I am missing?

suat

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
First of all, the green led is not the boot device led. It is most probably the led that tells you that the motherboard receives power. I suggest you should check all wiring including the cables that connect to the gfx card, if it needs one, and the 4-pin/8-pin that connects to the CPU power connector.