Sli gtx 670 working better than single one ?!

Hello everyone

I just got my hands on 2nd grafic but something is wrong. I get good score at benchmark and furmark but in games its total bulls..t. Here is one ex Skyrim everything on ultra running about 60 fps with a single card, while with sli activated it runs few fps lower *Frustrating*.
Same goes for BF3 ...

My specs...

.Corsair TX 750W V2 /80+ Bronze

.MK Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H Socket 1155,
Z77, ATX

.CPU Core i5 3570K 3,4Ghz

.Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600MHz 2x4GB

.Crucial SSD 128 GB m4

.2x EVGA GF GTX 670 Super OC 4GB *

.HD1TB Seagate SATA 6Gb/s 64MB

.SAmsung 120 hz monitor 1920x1080

And yes i have tried new drivers and old ones >S.
Both cards works good as a single one , tested.
8 answers Last reply
More about working single
  1. Hello everyone again !

After some tests i run.One of the card got 2100 score heaven benchmark, but the one got 2800. In additon to that one card is hotter than the other like 5 temp or 8. I will try to do some more test...
    Bf3 on ultra settings: highest fps is 130+, the lowest can be around 65 60. So sli works in Bf3 for sure.But I thought i wouldnt go down to 90 fps with sli which is very disappointing.
  2. Drivers?

BTW you can't even see 90 FPS....
  3. disable your vsync..

Dual graphics card solution (CF/SLI) with vsync enable, will show worse performance than a single card..
  4. Yup vsync is off. I got the latest drivers WHQ.
    Anyway i think its my cpu that might bottleneck so i will try to over clock it to 4 ghz.
    Will be back with resuts later!

Thank you for your reply's people.
  5. Yup vsync is off. I got the latest drivers WHQ.
    Anyway i think its my cpu that might bottleneck so i will try to over clock it to 4 ghz.

6. Yup vsync is off. I got the latest drivers WHQ.

7. Try disabling hyper threading in the bios on one of your tests. lost of people find this to fix cpu issues in BF3
  8. Hello again!
    I didnt clock my cpu yet. But something else happened when i came home from my trip, i got black screen when i started up windows.
    I was afraid that one of my cards are defected, so i put out each one but they worked perfectly as a single one.
    I made clean install of drivers, rebooted pc, after that i put back my 2nd card in slot.
    Well now i feel kinda stupid but that fixed all the fps issues in bf3. now i drop to 85=90 fps when i see some hardcore action other wise its 110-120 +++ fps.

Problem solved!

Thank you people for all reply's. Im off to play some bf3 >D
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Overclocking