rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
This is upsetting- DD was one of the biggest players in the early days of mainstream watercooling and I still have a couple of their blocks laying around. I'm wondering if they got outpaced by larger companies with their ability to develop and mill products more quickly for newer hardware than a scale at which they were able to work. Over the past couple years, I don't recall seeing many new GPU blocks from them, if any at all since the nVidia 200 series and AMD 4000 series.

giltyler

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2011
I would think that someone or company would have tried to keep their designs alive.
I picked up some fittings and tubing but most of the good stuff was gone well before they announced they were out. All october they had a 30% off on all h2o gear.

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
MAZE blocks are very outdated and won't support any GPUs from the last 2-3 years. They aren't supported and won't have hardware unless it's custom made. Performance and fitment would also be questionable as well.

TDX (even the multi-core versions) perform at lower levels than most good blocks in the past few years and it might be very difficult to find mounting and retention brackets for current sockets. I do think they had some mount kits for up to socket 1155/1156 for Intel, but I doubt socket 2011.

What size is the radiator? This is pretty important. Photos?

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
I would argue that a used single 120mm rad would fetch $50. Most people would rather pay $50 for a 240 rad or even some discount 360's.

And I know you can simply change fittings based on tubing ID, my point was that the MAZE and TDX blocks are old and either won't fit any current gen hardware without some customization or that they wouldn't compare to newer blocks that would perform better.

Pump, fittings and arguably the rad are what the real selling points are. What socket mounts do you have for the TDX? Is it the newer multi-core block or the older single-core block? (Pin matrix vs. wavy patterns...I still have one of the old, old single-core TDX's for socket 478.) I don't recall if they made any past Intel socket 775? (Not sure on AMD sockets)

Ace0751

Honorable
Apr 10, 2013
It was sad to see them go I would've loved for them to stay around a little while longer but managed to snag a all acrylic case from them. Will be keeping this bad boy around for a while.