Danger Den closing

Tags:
  • Water Cooling
  • Overclocking
Last response: in Overclocking
a c 249 K Overclocking
November 2, 2012 11:10:37 AM

That truly sucks!

I couldn't find anything left I was interested in, wish I had discovered this a week ago!

Worse thing is loosing another store to the economy!
m
l
a b K Overclocking
November 2, 2012 12:37:37 PM

Thanks for the info I like sales, it is a shame to see them go I have bought many of their products in the past.
m
l
Related resources
a c 337 K Overclocking
November 2, 2012 2:26:33 PM

This is upsetting- DD was one of the biggest players in the early days of mainstream watercooling and I still have a couple of their blocks laying around. I'm wondering if they got outpaced by larger companies with their ability to develop and mill products more quickly for newer hardware than a scale at which they were able to work. Over the past couple years, I don't recall seeing many new GPU blocks from them, if any at all since the nVidia 200 series and AMD 4000 series.
m
l
a b K Overclocking
November 3, 2012 4:18:21 AM

my 480 blocks are DD blocks
m
l
a c 150 K Overclocking
November 3, 2012 5:47:26 AM

Darn........my CPU block is a DD-M6. :( 

I was planning on getting another one for the Power Mac G5............

I guess I'll go XSPC Raystorm. :/ 
m
l
November 3, 2012 7:55:24 PM

Will be missed :( 
I did take advantage of their final sale and was sure to pick up a T-Shirt
m
l
a b K Overclocking
November 4, 2012 12:40:26 AM

I would think that someone or company would have tried to keep their designs alive.
I picked up some fittings and tubing but most of the good stuff was gone well before they announced they were out. All october they had a 30% off on all h2o gear.
m
l
a c 337 K Overclocking
December 5, 2012 12:33:33 AM

MAZE blocks are very outdated and won't support any GPUs from the last 2-3 years. They aren't supported and won't have hardware unless it's custom made. Performance and fitment would also be questionable as well.

TDX (even the multi-core versions) perform at lower levels than most good blocks in the past few years and it might be very difficult to find mounting and retention brackets for current sockets. I do think they had some mount kits for up to socket 1155/1156 for Intel, but I doubt socket 2011.

What size is the radiator? This is pretty important. Photos?
m
l
December 7, 2012 2:08:30 AM

There's a link in the thread that I linked to that has the specs. MAZE and TDX blocks are obviously a bit dated, but you can mix parts from any company as long as they have the same diameter fittings.
m
l
December 7, 2012 2:14:47 AM

Not plastic fittings like the one in the above link but chromed fittings, they're nice. Taking $225 - OR BEST OFFER. Just make an offer.
m
l
a c 337 K Overclocking
December 7, 2012 2:24:06 AM

I would argue that a used single 120mm rad would fetch $50. Most people would rather pay $50 for a 240 rad or even some discount 360's.

And I know you can simply change fittings based on tubing ID, my point was that the MAZE and TDX blocks are old and either won't fit any current gen hardware without some customization or that they wouldn't compare to newer blocks that would perform better.

Pump, fittings and arguably the rad are what the real selling points are. What socket mounts do you have for the TDX? Is it the newer multi-core block or the older single-core block? (Pin matrix vs. wavy patterns...I still have one of the old, old single-core TDX's for socket 478.) I don't recall if they made any past Intel socket 775? (Not sure on AMD sockets)
m
l
April 10, 2013 12:50:24 PM

It was sad to see them go I would've loved for them to stay around a little while longer but managed to snag a all acrylic case from them. Will be keeping this bad boy around for a while.
m
l
April 29, 2013 10:56:29 PM

Just an FYI I sold the kit and it fetched about $150 without the blocks. :)  I would argue that he got a very good deal. The pump alone goes for $85 new.
m
l
!