Quick Memory Question!

shineon2010

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2010
I have a GA-P55A-UD3 mobo and under the memory support list its shows G.SKILL class 8 1333
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231189.

My question is can i use a CAS 7 1333 on this board even if its not on their support list. Does it matter? Is Latency 7 that much better than CAS 8? My build is for gaming purposes!

Solution
^ Yes it will support that memory too...And Yes CAS 7 will be slightly better than the CAS 8 but not significantly...If the price difference is very much, then stick with CAS 8 RAM and invest in other better components...

You just have to check if the RAM operates at 1.65V or less and is DDR3 in order for them to work on a P55 board as that is the only limitation in choosing the memory...
For higher speed RAM, you would have to manually set the settings in the BIOS thats all...
^ Yes it will support that memory too...And Yes CAS 7 will be slightly better than the CAS 8 but not significantly...If the price difference is very much, then stick with CAS 8 RAM and invest in other better components...

You just have to check if the RAM operates at 1.65V or less and is DDR3 in order for them to work on a P55 board as that is the only limitation in choosing the memory...
For higher speed RAM, you would have to manually set the settings in the BIOS thats all...

Solution

TRENDING THREADS