beaverbanker

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2010
I've had my laptop for about two years now. And i have always suffered from my fan/cooling fins plugging up with dust and over heating. My laptop idles at about 85 degrees Celsius(may drop to 70 after a cleaning for a week or two), and blue screen after playing blue rays or gaming(hits close to 100 degrees).
I have blew out the fan numerous times but i think its to the stage to disassemble my laptop and clean. The question is should i replace my processor(if possible on a laptop)? (and heat sink?) It does not work as well as it use to(even after blowing out & formatting HDD).

If i should replace it does anybody know the amd part# for this laptops cpu
or even a upgrade cpu?

Laptop is a Toshiba A300D-013 (PSAKCC-01300Y)
Thanks

Ps: I've only dissembled a laptop once, but i am quite familiar with desktops.

The processor should be fine just take it all apart clean all the dust out of fan and heatsink apply some new thermal compound and maybe in vest in one of those cooling pads for the laptop. If the processor is still functioning then it should be OK processor are suprisingly pretty tough and can take a good bit of abuse.

beaverbanker

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2010
Took it apart and cleaned the whole thing, applied some Arctic Silver Paste and now my idle temp is 46 Celsius ..way better.
Also got the socket and part number why i had the laptop apart